Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Kid Free Anxiety

We are now a little under two months until my Flirty30 celebration. Time is flying a little too fast for me. I didn't think I would have so much anxiety about leaving the kids for a couple days but the closer we get to my birthday the more nervous I become. I have never been away from them for more than an hour or two so this is a big step for me.

I know that they'll be in good hands but I'm still having a hard time with thinking about being gone for a few days. Maybe it's because I'm still a relatively  new mom and still somewhat of a Smother Mother. I would like to think that it's hard for any woman to leave her kids for the first time. Today while talking to a friend I admitted that I'm not even that excited about the trip because I feel bad for leaving the kids.

I know I need to have some time away. I know I need to relax and have some fun kid free but knowing that doesn't make it any easier. My goal is to slowly begin to get excited. I can plan fun things for us to do, think about my outfits and know that the kids will enjoy being spoiled by their Grandmother.

After all, a Flirty30 isn't going to be all that fabulous if I'm a nervous wreck the whole time. How did you handle being away from your children overnight for the first time?

4 comments:

  1. My kids are 1 and 4, and I've never voluntarily been away from them overnight. My only night away from the oldest was when I was in the hospital having the youngest! The opportunity just hasn't come up.
    I think that as long as your little ones are in good hands while you're away, once you're actually gone you'll be able to relax, and have your fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. Like you, I've only left them overnight when the other one was being born.

      Delete
  2. I'm like you the thought of leaving my kids for an extended amount of time makes me nervous. My son has only spent the night with my mom once and she lives within walking distance from us. He is five and I still have separation anxiety. He is also homeschooled, I can't even imagine sending him to school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my Mom lived that close. She is probably the only reason that I'm even taking the trip. I know that they will be perfectly safe with her. For some reason, I'm not as nervous about them starting school. Maybe it's because they'll be older and will probably attend school on whatever military base we're at.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!