Sunday, December 15, 2013

BEYONCÉ: My Thoughts & Funny Reactions


    (source)

Well. I'm sure you are all aware by now that Beyonce has released an album. I woke up Thursday morning to nurse a crying baby and figure out why my phone was blowing up. A friend of mine was informing me that Beyonce had released an album super sleuth style while I was getting my beauty rest.


Once I finished feeding babyM I pulled up iTunes and started checking out snippets of the songs and videos. Being the big Bey fan that I am I was beyond excited. After downloading the album and giving it a good listen (all day) I have to say that I love it. I love the unapologetic, raunchy and grown-up lyrics on this album. You can tell she really is more confident in who she is and I am here for it. All of it.

I have always enjoyed music that called for a little booty tooching, she gives you that. I have always enjoyed music that makes you feel or think about something, she gives you that. And lastly, I have always enjoyed learning about my favorite artists through each album. Done. 

Now. I completely understand that many people are not here for her music. Many people don't like it or they simply don't get her. That's fine. This post isn't for you. All I can say is that I am happy to have new music from her and if she offers a another tour date in a Texas city near me my behind will be there. I don't care if I have to go with a baby strapped to my chest, LOL! I'm in there! 

Another great thing about her album release was the internet reaction. Here is a (long) round-up of the memes that made me laugh, enjoy!

















 


















Did y'all like these? I thought they were hilarious and sadly some of them are probably true, LOL!! I know my friends and I can relate to the Shanaynay meme. Anytime I hear someone say they don't like her I'm like, "Wait, what?" Very funny! Anyone else get the album? What were your thoughts? I think the album comes out in stores on December 21. I'll be getting a copy for my car too!

Beyonce's Surprise Album Trending Towards No. 1 on Billboard 200 | Billboard

5 comments:

  1. Those memes were hilarious! I didn't even know anything about Beyonce's album drop until I saw Chescaleigh's G+ chat with Crissle and she went bonkers. I was like "huh...wha?? Okay." I love Beyonce too, but I'm not busting out in tears over her releasing an album. Maybe over tickets to her concert. Now that's a whole different story.

    Tenns @ New Mama Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes tickets to a concert (good seats at that) might make me shed a tear or two!

      Delete
  2. LMAAAAAOOOOO! That throw Blue Ivy in the ocean one and delete the Bible one are HILARIOUS! I love the album as well and I am praying she comes back around on tour again next year to do these new tracks! I would be right there....AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so slow, I had no idea this even happened. I'm not a huge celebrity follower. Or Beyonce fan. I know, I know, don't hurt me please! She's got some great hits, no doubt, but I'm starting to lose interest in R&B and Hip-Hop these days. Same stuff, different artist.

    I do like the Scandal and second to the last meme though. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I so NEEDED a laugh today and that HollyWoodKurt has me over here in tears! LMAO!!!!! And that deleting the Bible...yeah anyone who did that is DEAD wrong...LOL!!!! HILARIOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!