Saturday, December 21, 2013

This Blog In 2014...

someecards.com - 2014 is going to be MY year. Said everyone everywhere.

So the New Year is approaching and it's time for goals and declarations about what will be. I don't know about you all but I have never really been a big fan of New Year's resolutions. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about goal setting but I just don't get into the hype surrounded by the New Year.

In February this blog will be two years old. What started out as a hobby kind of started turning into more of a business. I started to feel the competitive pressure to do more and get more numbers so that I could qualify for more opportunities. It became exhausting and time consuming. I like this space and what it does for me and I don't want it to start feeling like a chore. I want it to stay fun and effortless.

With that said, in 2014 you can expect more fun on this blog. I'll be doing some fun things with Baby Teems. There will still be reviews every now and then. I have already planned a pretty nice giveaway for February to celebrate my Flirty30 so be sure to be on the lookout for that.

This blog is about my motherhood journey as a stay at home Mom. Sometimes I'll write about fashion. Sometimes I'll share quick dinner ideas. You might find a fun craft to do with your kid. Hopefully you'll see more of my real life personality here. Some may like it and some may not. If you have ever talked to me offline you know that I'm a little bit more "fun" than I have been online. 2014 will not be a year to be demographically friendly or politically "blogger" correct. I'm getting back to why I started this.

The only goal I have for this space in 2014 is to continue to grow it organically. My numbers may not be as high as some other bloggers but at least I know I didn't beg, borrow or steal for the readers I have. I appreciate everyone's support of The Chic Stay at Home Mom. Please continue to interact with me on social media and in the comments. While I do love to make a dollar that will no longer be the only driving force behind the content here.

For the rest of 2013 I will be reposting some of my favorite posts from the past. I'll see you in 2014. It will be fabulous. It will be more real. It will be more me.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Mamas!

15 comments:

  1. I agree with you on not letting money be your sole focus for blogging. I don't knock those who do, but I enjoy blogs that are sincere and have substance. Happy Holidays and see you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot about monetizing the blog which is good for people who have that as their main goal of blogging, hehe. But I've never really wanted to engage in such because by then, I'll have to work double and may lose the fun in the end. So I agree with you, blogging is also my hobby and I don't want it to be a chore too. Hehe. You have a great goal for next year! Looking forward to reading more from you!

    Happy holidays,
    REAlity Bites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If it's your main goal and you want to make a job out of it then I completely understand. I didn't start this blog to make money and I want to stand true to my initial reasonings for creating this space.

      Delete
  3. Love it! I'm trying to get back to the reason I started blogging too, Tia. Kudos to you! I hope you enjoy the holidays and you and your family continue to be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wishing your family all the best this holiday season!

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see what you ladies have up your sleeves!

    Just last week I thought about not blogging anymore but I still want to share and like you said it will be organically. I'll take the opportunities but there won't be any selling of souls for said opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I feel. Not gonna stress myself over growing my blog. I want it to stay fun!

      Delete
    2. I have learned my lesson. A million times over. Back to basics Tia! Thanks Mimi.

      Delete
  5. Sounds awesome. My focus and efforts for my blog in terms of keeping it fun and not turning it into a chore and focusing on making it a business are similar. :) Looking forward to reading more great posts from you in the new year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first started blogging I wanted to make money from my blog. However, I quickly learned that it takes a lot of time and effort to make money from a blog. I'm like you I do not want to exhaust myself trying to turn my blog into a business. I hope to add more personal posts in the upcoming year and make it more fun. If I make money that will be great, but I'm not going to spend a lot of time trying to make money. I'm looking forward to reading more from you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see more of your story on your blog! I do love seeing all the deals too though, lol! Thanks so much for your support this year!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you've got some big plans for 2014! I agree that some bloggers will do anything for a buck. The things I have seen this year. SMH, just let me stop. Anyhow, I'm crossing my fingers for you this year. I would love to partner up with you at some point. If you're interested, you know where to find me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post...I think a lot of us are reevaluating for 2014 and with that comes the purpose of why we are doing this! I plan to march to the beat of my own drum...at times I get focused on making money, or numbers and in the end it just PAYS to be yourself and do what you want on your blog! Because I am so over the begging of other bloggers and the ones that need to be paid for EVERYTHING! I may not make as much as I want but I think I get compensated greatly with products and readers that comment and genuinely read my blog! Love It...Getting Back to the Basics!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!