Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Preschool at Home: Paper Plate Snowman

Here we are with a new craft idea. Today I thought it would be fun to make a snowman. We never have paper plates in our house. Since we have a few leftover from Thanksgiving I decided to use them for a craft with Savannah.

For this snowman you will need three paper plates, tape and whatever you'd like to use to decorate your snowman. We used eyes, puff balls, pipe cleaners and construction paper (for the hat). This was super easy and fun.

To start cut out your two smaller circles. I used a cup to trace the smallest circle. Then use the tape to build your snowman. We used tape because it was less messy and there's no drying time.


Remember to keep your left over paper plate pieces. You'll need them if you decide to do a scarf or use them for arms like we did.


At first we were going to use pipe cleaners for the arms but I'm really glad we went with the paper plate pieces.


And here is our finished project. I used a sharpie to dot on his mouth and we added the pipe cleaner (that was originally for the arms) to his scarf for a little extra flair.

snowman craft
What do you think about Savannah's snowman? Will you be trying this? If you like the crafts you see here please feel free to pin and share them!


3 comments:

  1. This is such a neat idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I remember making these when I was in schoo. I must say Savannah did an excellent job! :-)
    Tenns @ New Mama Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your craft ideas!!! I gotta find more for Emma and I and her age category!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!