Sunday, December 29, 2013

It's Our Anniversary! Celebrating 8 Years...


It's hard to believe that I've been married for eight years already. Whoa. Time is flying. I don't talk much about marriage or my husband here. Mainly because I feel like we're so incredibly normal (in a good way) that there really isn't much to say that would be overly entertaining. 

You might remember I told you a little bit about how we met in college and got married before I even graduated. (i graduated the following semester) He had already graduated from school and joined the Army. I was 21 and he was 25. Crazy, right?


After our wedding I went back to school for my last semester and he went back to Virginia to finish his training. I remember driving to see him on Thursdays after school. I didn't have class on Fridays so we'd get three days to hang out. I'd stay until Monday morning and I would haul butt to make it back in time for my eight AM class. Very crazy. So many speeding tickets. 


It was all worth it though. Since then we've moved four times and welcomed two beautiful babies into our lives. Here I am below pregnant with Savannah (and newly natural). These years have flown by. We have our fair share of disagreements like most people. However, I think what makes us work is our ability to laugh at everything. I also think that keeping additional people out of your business helps too but I'm really trying to keep this post light…


So. Raise a glass for us tonight. Eight years down. Forever to go...


17 comments:

  1. Congratulations on eight years of marriage!!! My husband and I got married young too, I was 22 and he was 24, in July we will celebrate 10 years.
    I just started working on a post about joining #operationsnapback, hopefully, I'll have it posted tomorrow. I want abs like Beyoncé. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Giirrrrlll me and you both, LOL!!! Beyonce abs are the inspiration for 2014!

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely story. Happy anniversary to you both and I wish you MANY more!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! You are such a great lookin couple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! So cute! I still remember reading how you all met. You make a beautiful couple. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your wedding planning process!

      Delete
  5. You look stunning in that dress. Happy anniversary! Moving in on that decade. Love it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!!! Knocking these years out one by one!

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary!! We celebrated our 8th in September. Time truly does fly. Loving the picture of you being preggers.

    Hope you all had a great time celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had a low-key night at home, no babysitter. Ordered take out from our favorite Thai place and watched a movie.

      Delete
  7. Happy Anniversary!!!! Hope you all had a great time celebrating!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary, Tia! You guys make such a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were so beautiful in your preggy pic and your wedding gown! Congratulations to you guys! Marriage is such a beautiful thing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!