Thursday, December 26, 2013

Ask Away Friday w/ Carissa from Green Eyed Lady Blog

I haven't done Ask Away Friday in a few weeks. I'm not sure why. Maybe I've been busy with the kids being sick and getting ready for Christmas. Anyway. When Carissa asked me to be her partner this week I was very excited. I enjoy her blog so much. Her daughter, Emma, is the cutest! Check her blog out to see the questions I had for her…

The Green Eyed Lady Blog

1. How was your Christmas? What did you all do for the Holiday?
Christmas was great! We hung out around the house all day. After we opened gifts I made breakfast. Once breakfast was done we played with all of toys the kids received. We put together puzzles, played board games and watch movies. Very low-key.

2. I love how you incorporate fitness into your blog...for someone that has to get it ALL THE WAY together in 2014, what are 3 things that can give me a kick start to losing weight and getting back healthy?
For some reason I feel the need to throw out a disclaimer here, LOL!! I am not a doctor, dietician, physical trainer or nutritionist BUT I do like to eat right and I am slowly starting to add workouts to my daily routine. My advice would be to drink lots of water (and green tea), eat as clean as possible and try to workout for at least 30 minutes everyday for the first 22 days. They say it takes 22 days to form (or break) a habit so hopefully you'll start hitting a stride by day 23. Good Luck! Oh. And join the #OperationSnapback movement going on at Baby Teems.

3. What are some of your goals for 2014? And how do you keep track of them(write them out, keep them in your phone on a special app) how do you hold yourself accountable?
In 2014 I want to be more patient with these kids (mainly Sav and her case of the 3s). I want to get into great shape. And I'd love to work some personal writing projects that I've been putting off. To keep up with my goals I put them on our family's "big board". It's where all things important to the people that live here go.

4. What was your favorite blog post from 2013?
Hmm. That's a tough one. I would say that I really loved my series on Thanksgiving and I also loved adding videos to the blog. Check some of my videos out on the Chic TV page.

5. Its a few of us bloggers that are turning the big 3-0 at the same time...what are you looking forward to most in your 30's?
Going to Vegas. I have never been. I am also looking forward to living fearlessly. For some reason I associate being authentically you without fear of what others will think with turning 30.

6. How do you plan to bring in the New Year?
Hahaha, I plan to ring in the new year right here at home. We might have champagne and food if we decide to stay up. If not, I'll be ringing in the New Year getting some beauty sleep.

7. You know I have always admired the "Homeschooling with Savannah" where did you get your lesson plans, or your ideas?
Thank you! It's a big mix. I get some ideas from Pinterest and some ideas from Sav's teacher. A lot of what we do is done on the fly though. I make up stuff as we go. Like the paper plate snowman that we made was something that I came up with that morning during breakfast.



8. What would you do if you had a "day to yourself"? 
I would get a mani, pedi, facial and massage. Then I would get something really amazing to eat, cuddle up in my bed and watch TV all day.

9. Its your turn to plan date night, but it cant be a traditional date night...what do you plan?
Oh gosh, LOL! I think a scavenger hunt or an Amazing Race type date would be fun. My husband is competitive and he would really like something like that.

10. What do you love most about living in Texas?
I am going to be honest here, LOL!!! I really love the friends that I have here and that's probably about it. I am an East coast girl and I always will be. I like having four seasons and being able to find yummy Chinese food when I want it. I also miss being in driving distance to family. Of course we could drive back home but an 18 hour car ride with two kids is not my cup of tea at all.

I had a great time linking up with Carissa. Don't forget to swing by her place to see the questions I had for her and see the cuteness that is baby Emma.

Ask Away Friday is a link up hosted by Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County.

23 comments:

  1. I think the laid back relaxed holidays are the best! We go all out on Thanksgiving so I definitely look forward to Christmas :)

    I would love to go to Vegas too! It seems like such a fun place. Since 30 is in my rear view I may put it on my 40 wish list ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to share my entire Vegas experience here. Put it on your 40 list!

      Delete
  2. Nice to meet you on #AAF! I'm 31 and so far you've nailed it with this description of 30: "being authentically you without fear of what others will think." I love that! That's EXACTLY how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I'm looking forward to my thirties! :-) Nice to meet you!

      Delete
  3. Hi Tia,
    Nice to meet you? it is my first time on your blog and am going to follow in as many ways as I can.
    It is always nice as far as I am concerned to have a nice layed back time with one's family. Family is the most important thing in our lives abd we must cherish oour family's. Thank you.
    I hope that you have a wonderful day and weekend.
    Love and best wishes.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support. I have returned the favor! I enjoyed reading your answers. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for linking up with me! I wish Christmas was laid back for us....we are always all over! I agree I feel like people really say they found themselves in their 30's and they become more fearless, I'm looking forward to it also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up with me! We need to do something in the blogosphere for all the brand new 30s...

      Delete
  5. I went to Vegas when I was 23 for a conference and I really thought it was going to be a really rough place (I imagined street walkers every where lol). However, the strip was really clean and very family friendly. You and your husband should go on the gondola boat ride at The Venetian it's really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I've been trying to find fun things for us to do and I hadn't seen anything about the gondola ride yet. I'm going to check that out. I'm looking forward to the trip!

      Delete
  6. I'm loving the idea of a low-key Christmas, too. We had a low-key Christmas this year, and with Jj added to the mix, it really took the pressure off. We did it big for Thanksgiving around here, so it felt good to relax around the house and enjoy each other for Christmas.

    I'm trying to go to Vegas for my big 3-0, too. It's the final item on my 30 by 30 list. I hope I'm able to go!

    Enjoyed reading your responses to Carissa's questions. I'm about to shoot you an email in a few!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't a laid back Christmas everything?! Especially with a new baby! With a little baby I didn't feel like doing anything but hanging out here at home. I'll let you know how my trip goes. I hope you're able to go for your Flirty30 too!

      Delete
  7. Seems like a low-key Christmas is the way to go. And I love your plans for a "me" day. That would work well for me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. A low-key Christmas keeps us focused on what we really should be celebrating and I love that.

      Delete
  8. Ours was low key too. Just how I like it. I love my family, but too much running around burns me out. Thanks for the shout out! I would love for Carissa and anyone else to join us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. You don't really get to enjoy the holiday when you're ripping and running all over the place.

      Delete
  9. Great goals for the year! Sound similar to mine. I like that you have a family board you put them on!
    My hubby and I are planning to go to Vegas for our 10th anniversary! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very exciting!!! I am so amped about our trip! Yep. A family big board is where anything important goes and its great to see our family at a glance.

      Delete
  10. Aw! We would have loved to have mimosas this year for New Year's but someone is expecting baby #2 so we can't now lol! Aw. I didn't realize you were an East Coast born and bred girl...I am from the East Coast too but we live in AZ. I'm actually enjoying not having all 4 seasons. I guess if I miss it, we can drive 3 hours north. They get so much snow up there, though. Yikes! I love that you want to be more in shape this coming year! I feel like most people are able to stick with it have in common that they have continued support which it looks like you will have in the blogging community with Baby Tems :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am, I am an East Coast girl from the Carolinas! Love where I'm from! Texas isn't for me but it's a nice duty station.

      Delete
  11. I love the paper plate snowman and the idea of the Amazing Race date sure sounds interesting! :)

    REAlity Bites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The paper plate snowman was so fun and easy to make!

      Delete
  12. My brother used to live in Vegas, but he now lives back in Jersey, and I'm kicking myself on not going more when I had a free place to stay off the strip. Oh well!
    Hope you get there!
    And an Amazing Race date sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!