Monday, February 10, 2014

7 Days of Love: How I Keep My Marriage Hot and Sexy


I think so much goes into keeping a marriage hot. For me personally, the first thing I do to keep my marriage popping is to feel good about myself. I workout, eat good and I try to make time for myself. I strongly believe that having a life outside of your marriage keeps things interesting. When I feel good about myself it makes me happy and you know what they say, "Happy wife. Happy life."

As a soldier my husband works long hours. Between their workouts and his actual work schedule he's gone for the majority of the day. I always try to make sure that dinner is ready when he gets home. It's the little things. I know he's going to be starving when he walks thru the door. Having dinner done is my way of saying thanks for all you do on a daily basis. We have dinner as a family at the table. This gives us a chance to connect and talk before I start the kids bedtime routine.

Having these kids in bed at a decent hour does wonders for my marriage. My husband and I enjoy watching TV together. Our favorite shows get DVR'd and we catch up together. Another thing I did to keep the sexy in my marriage was get these kids sleeping in their own beds. Let's face it, your husband wants to sleep with you not you and the kids. It took a lot of work for me to get them sleeping in their own beds every night and it's been great for my marriage.

Our recent getaway to Vegas did wonders for us. It was a beautiful thing being alone with him for those three days. Date nights are great too but this trip was everything. It reminded me what it was like before the babies. I think we both needed that.

So I keep my marriage rocking by feeling good about myself, cooking dinner for my man and making sure we get ample amounts of alone time to reconnect. How do you keep your marriage hot and sexy?

For more posts in the 7 Days of Love series check out my fellow motherhood lifestyle bloggers Baby TeemsSo She Writes by Miss Dre and The Green Eyed Lady Blog.



7 comments:

  1. I could so better with having dinner on time and everyday. I know he would love that but he doesn't complain. Hes hours are so unpredictable. Breakfast works better for us because he leaves early in the afternoon for work. All of our answers are so similar. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have breakfast with him in there mornings. I just can't do 4am though, LOL! It's not always easy to have dinner done. I have to literally plan our whole day around it but it's so worth it to me.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Teems, I need to do better with getting dinner done on time! It would be so great if we could all sit down at the table and eat together more. And I know you guys had a blast in Vegas for the weekend!

    I need to stay consistent with my fitness, too. You and Teems are gonna have to help me out, girl!!

    Great tips, love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drea I need to get on the workout train too...dont feel bad!

      Delete
  3. Great Points! Yes dinner is ready but not always on the table! You have some great points of ways for saying Thank You for all you do on a daily basis. I totally agree! I cant wait to hear all about the trip...I would love to have a few days away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're on the same page. Getting these babies in the bed at a decent hour. Having some dinner ready and finding a way to be spontaneous and keep surprising him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really got to do a better job. Just returned to work full-time after being home for 3 years and we are getting use to the "new normal". Dinner is a priority most days--assuming I get home in time. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!