Saturday, February 8, 2014

Seven Days of Love: Marriage Has Taught Me...


For Valentine's Day I'm collaborating with some amazing motherhood lifestyle bloggers to reflect on love, marriage and how to keep things spicy while living this mommy life. To see the other posts in this 7 Days of Love Series visit The Green-Eyed Lady Blog, So She Writes by Miss Dre and Baby Teems.

When I think about my own marriage, I think about a girl who was so young. I'm not even sure what my expectations were of marriage back then. I just knew I wanted to be happy and I knew I was making a great decision marrying my husband. That was back then.

Now that we've been married for eight years I would have to say I have learned a lot about myself and about marriage. My marriage has taught me that it's okay to be exactly who you are. It's taught me it's okay to speak my mind and be a strong presence. I can be in charge and aggressive without being afraid of someone else's opinion. My marriage has taught me how to be a grown up. A grown woman.

My marriage makes me fearless and free. I have talked about this before on this blog. Here and here. My marriage has taught me to hang in there when things are tough and enjoy every second when things are amazing. Marriage has taught me to be more compassionate and a lot less self centered.

What has your marriage taught you?

4 comments:

  1. You really do come into your own when you have to make things work. Unlike being boy/girlfriends you don't just break up when the going gets stuff. Marriage really forces you to challenge yourself and analyze situations on a much deeper level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I love how you describe marriage helping you come into your own, so to speak. It's amazing how creating a union with someone else helps us to see and further develop into our true selves. Great post, Tia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I've learned the same! It's funny how quick I am to just want to straight GIVE UP and walk out the door. That's just because that's what I'm used to seeing with my parents. I keep telling myself to TAKE SEVERAL SEATS!

    www.goodlooknout.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way that you put what you learned! I dont think I knew how I wanted to word my but that is perfect, you really come into your own and you are forced to challenge yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!