Thursday, February 27, 2014

Vegas Recap: Flirty 30 Day Two


Day Two got off to a great start. I had read lots of reviews about Hash House a Go Go and I really wanted to eat breakfast there. We got dressed and headed over to the Quad to get in line for a table. 
fall fashion mom style trendy

This was my look for the day. I am in absolute love with my sweater coat. It was perfect for the chilly temps. My scarf is a gift from my Mom. I've had it for years and I thought it was a nice touch to the coat. What do you think?

On the way to breakfast (It was like a five minute walk) we passed by a star that said "Diva". My husband spotted it first and pointed it out to me. Was he trying to tell me something about myself? LOL! I had to take a pic next to it!


During our wait for a table we chatted it up a bit and hung out. There were tons of people waiting. The restaurant was cranking people in and out though. I don't remember our wait being extremely long, maybe thirty minutes or so. When you don't have kids with you a wait doesn't seem that bad. 



At breakfast I ordered the The Tractor Driver combo. I am a sucker for pancakes and potatoes. This was so amazingly delicious. Do you see how big that pancake is? I couldn't eat the whole thing but I wanted to. I enjoyed a mimosa with my breakfast. Our server was great. He let us know that it would be a longer than usual wait for food because everything is cooked from scratch to order. Yum!


At the table next to us there was a girl celebrating her 21st birthday. I told her it was my birthday too. She must've told the waiter because before he gave us our check he bought this out to the table. Nothing like an ice-cream sundae to start your morning on your birthday...


After walking around the Forum Shops in Caesar's Palace and doing a little shopping (mainly at the Nike store. Jeanette Jenkins has me obsessed with Nike gear. I blame her for my recent addiction) it was time to head back to the room to get ready for dinner.

We (I) took a little bit longer than expected getting dressed. I can't believe it but I didn't get one pic of my entire birthday dinner look. I did manage to get a quick pic of my handsome hubby though...


Here I am from the torso up at dinner...


I wore a skirt and crop top sequin number with some strappy shoes. It was cute. The food was even better than what I had on though. I got the lamb. He got a porterhouse steak. Our sides were brussel sprouts and truffled mash potatoes (i would smack somebody's mama right now for some of those). This is the best dinner we've had in a long time.


We had an amazing view of the Bellagio fountains at dinner. You'll see a bit of that in the video below. Before leaving our server gifted me with a birthday dessert...


After dinner I changed into something more comfortable for gambling, dancing and drinks. My husband took the pic below and he cropped it to oblivion before sending it to me. Sorry about that...


More random footage from day two in Vegas is below. I am living this trip all over again in these posts.

13 comments:

  1. Tia girl after watching your video and reading all of your recaps it sounds like you had a blast on your Vegas trip. I will definitely consider your tips for whenever we get a chance to visit. I'm hoping maybe before the year is out or early next year. You look fab btw and I'm in love with your last look you changed into after dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I love that little dress! It's so short and sassy!

      Delete
  2. (1) Your dinner dress? Fabulous! (2) Now I'm hungry after looking at all that food. (3) Never give your hubby the camera again. lol Most men are clueless when it comes to cameras. I have a ton of blurry/out of focus/messed up shots to prove it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, this post further supports my hypothesis that men have no camera skills. http://www.dontquotetheraven.com/2012/07/attack-of-husband.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you! LOL, Yes!!! My husband butchered that pic. I didn't even know that was possible. Who crops a photo before sending it? Apparently, he does. Bless his heart, LOL!

      Delete
  3. Girl! Looks like you guys had so much fun! I
    And I'm LOL at your husband impersonating you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your recaps of Vegas!!! You need to submit these to a travel site!!! Really makes me want to go...I know I've said that on all the post I have commented on but I am so serious!! Love that you incorporated your husband in the videos...LOL him impersonating you is hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know travel sites allowed that! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  5. What a great looking couple. Ebony Magazine cover in 2016! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!