Monday, February 3, 2014

30th Birthday Countdown: Makeover Reveal

Did y'all see the Super Bowl last night? The most entertaining thing about it was Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. The game was a total blowout. I'm not a Broncos or Seahawks fan but I at least wanted to see a good game. Didn't happen.

Anyway.

In much bigger and voluminous news. I had my hair appointment on Saturday. Remember the Vinuss hair I told you about a couple weeks ago? Well I finally got it installed. I couldn't be happier with the results.

Here is a selfie I took during the process.


And a close up of the ends that I showed you on Instagram…I am in love with the ombre color my stylist created for me.


A view from the back. Again. The color is exactly what I wanted. I love it when a plan comes together...

Ombre Hair color sew-in

And here is a screen shot of all the different angels that I kind of stole from the instagram account of my stylist… Hope she doesn't mind!

If you want to see some hair get slayed and laid follow my girl Yama on IG here...

Saturday night before bed I rolled the hair on flexi rods. Below are the results. It was super curly and my hair had so much volume the next morning. Dare I say it… I was gone with the wind fabulous, LOL! Literally. Cause it was pretty windy here on Sunday...


Getting my hair done made me that much more excited for our trip and my birthday. I feel like a new woman. I probably look like one too. My hair appointment went smoothly. Yama is my stylist here in San Antonio. If you are in this area I would suggest calling her for your weave install. She has great customer service and is so polite. I emailed and texted her a bunch and she always responded in a timely manner. Very professional. Yama can be reached on her Style Seat site. I can't say enough about my experience. Not only did I get a new look but I also got some girl talk in too. Great way to spend my afternoon.

As for the hair, I'll be doing a video review as well but let me just say first impressions are everything and so far I am impressed. This Peruvian hair is so full and pretty. I have three bundles installed and it doesn't feel heavy at all. Even after coloring my hair is still super soft and tangle free. It was pretty windy on Sunday and I still didn't experience any tangles or ratchet hair behavior. Love. Love. Love.

So what do you think of my new look? Am I ready for my Flirty30 and trip to Vegas?

*Vinuss Hair Extensions supplied the hair for this mommy makeover. All opinions expressed are my own.*
*Yama is my hair stylist and I pay her for her amazing work. All recommendations made are done on my own accord.*

18 comments:

  1. Hey Tia, your hair looks great and I love the color too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good!!! Hope you have a wonderful time!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fierce!! Love the look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you are ready! Your hair is beautiful, Tia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the hair on you and I know hubby did too! It frames your face nicely. You are going to have so much fun whipping that hair around town. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tia girl you are wearing that hair and I'm loving it. The color and style is perfect and #shedidthat. I hope you have a wonderful time in Vegas celebrating your 30th birthday. Welcome to the dirty 30's lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't she do it?! You couldn't tell me nothing Saturday, LOL!!! Can't wait to see your hair!

      Delete
  7. Hi, Tia! You look fab. You go, Girl -- and enjoy your birthday!! 30 is an awesome year and often represents the beginning of a new chapter. (It's the year I got a major promotion and then got married!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yasssss Tia. Yes!! you look amazing. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT!!!! You look so pretty!!! Have fun on your Trip!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!