Tuesday, February 11, 2014

7 Days of Love: Our First Kiss


I am going to do my best to remember this story. It happened back in 2002 so that's a very long time ago. If I'm not mistaken I think our first kiss was on our first date. 

I think I talked about this before but I met my husband during minority weekend at our college. Before school started that Fall I returned to campus for Freshman orientation. My bestie and I went together and I remember being so excited about learning more about the college experience.

One night after all of the mandatory fun was over my bestie and I had a double date with my husband and his best friend. (If guys don't say best friend, sorry, I had no idea what else to call him. They are besties. Pretty sure I'm gonna get killed for this too, LOL) We went to see Undercover Brother. Later we had dinner at Outback Steakhouse.

The date went great. I remember how funny and cool I thought my husband and his friend were. They had very laid back personalities. They weren't trying too hard. They were just fun to be around. Our friends didn't hit it off at all but my husband and I had immediate chemistry. 

We had our first kiss after that date. I remember thinking, "Well that's not how the boys kiss in high school." Hahaha! It was great. I actually remember my husband telling me, "There was no way I wasn't going to try to kiss you tonight." Swoon.

Here we are on our first date. Before this kiss…


To see more first kiss stories visit So She Writes by Miss DreThe Green Eyed Lady Blog and Baby Teems.

12 comments:

  1. Wow. You even have the picture from your first date. That's sweet. Isn't that cool we both met our husbands in 2002??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! Isn't that crazy?! When I was reading your post I thought the same thing about 2002. I guess that was a good year!

      Delete
  2. Awww, now this is so sweet! You were wearing a big grin, honey! That was that chemistry showing all over your face :-) And he really does look like Derek Luke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That grin cracks me up, LOL! I wish I could remember what made me laugh/smile so hard?!

      Delete
    2. YOU ARE SUPER HAPPY! #GotHim lol

      Delete
    3. LOL! I was 18 and clearly very smitten!

      Delete
  3. Your smile in this pic is so cute!!! LOL! You were in love already on this pic! Your husband REALLY looks like Derek Luke!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad so many people have been agreeing with because he doesn't see it, LOL!

      Delete
  4. OMGGGGG... I'm impressed! U actually have the pic from that night? This has got to be the cutest! And, I AGREE I see Derek Luke... lol

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am!! I'm not sure why we were taking pics but I'm glad we did!

      Delete
  5. The getaway is everything, we like to go stay in a hotel alone every other month. With kids I need a change of scenery to fully decompress! BTW ya'll were too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This was our first trip alone since having kids. I think we're going to try to make it an annual thing!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!