Monday, October 29, 2012

Sleepless with Savannah II

Unfortunately I do not have any major updates to report. I do not know what I am doing wrong. Perhaps maybe I could be a little more consistent with putting Savannah back into her bed right away after she wakes up. She normally comes to our room so I don't know she's awake until she's standing next to my bed. 

I have thought about keeping a sleep log, but then I decided that I didn't need to see on paper what I already knew. She literally wakes back up every time she's put back into her own bed. Every. Time. Sav may sleep for an hour or so before coming back to our room. So things have not progressed at all. There have been a couple nights (like exactly two) where she's slept in her bed from about eleven to four. She goes to sleep at eight and she wakes up around ten thirty to start making her way to me.

Not to mention that she has also developed a pretty bad cough so even if she was going to sleep all night in her own bed (which I doubt) her cough is waking her up. I picked up some nighttime cough syrup today. Hopefully it will kill her cough and put her in a more restless sleep. I am at a lost for what to try next. All I know is that I want her out of my bed so that I can get my good REM cycle back. 

Just wanted to give you all an update. Happy Monday.

Lately she has been doing the "Snow Angel" and "H is for Hell".

10 comments:

  1. LOL these cartoons are hilarious! Jasmine pulled The Stalker and the Roundhouse Kick on me the other day.

    I'm sorry Savannah isn't sleeping well. At least you're attempting to work on it and not waiting until she's 6 to try to fix the problem. Good luck.

    Reese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes girl. If she's still in my bed at six I will feel like an all out failure LOL!!! I'm going to keep working on it. Hopefully she'll be back in her room soon!

      Delete
  2. Lol hilarious. mines was a mix of the booby trap and the H is for hell but we managed. The hubs got tired and just slept on the couch for almost the first year of each of my kids life because he could not take it but that was the only way I could sleep through the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband sleeps right through all of it. It makes me so mad, LOL!!

      Delete
  3. My baby isn't sleeping well either and has a cough. I'm scared to give her cough medicine but it gets pretty bad maybe I should give it a try. I have given up for now. I just let her stay in our bed. I'm tired!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been giving her the all natural Hyland's brand cough syrup. It isn't working though. I haven't really seen any improvements with her cough. She goes in for her 2 year wellness visit tomorrow so I'm hoping the doctor can give her something. I'm getting to that place where I want to give up but I'm going to keep trying. I'm not getting to sleep either way, LOL!

      Delete
  4. Bromfed is a prescription cough medicine that worked for my little ones before. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We took her to the doctor Friday and she told us that cough would just have to run its course....so no Rxs for us. Whomp. Whomp. Meanwhile she's still coughing and I'm still giving her the over the counter stuff.

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. :-(

    The Roundhouse Kick almost gets my kid put out of our bed every night. Whenever we decide to get pregnant again, she's gonna have to go, or I'm gonna have to go. Because that roundhouse kick sometimes lands on my abdomen/ribs. In the middle of the night. NO FUN!

    We'll look back and laugh at this one day and miss the days where the kids WANT to sleep with us. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I keep thinking to myself. This is a temporary thing and she won't be in my bed forever. I just miss getting a good night's rest. I'm such a light sleeper that and there are nights where I'm literally tossing and turning because of her wild sleeping, LOL! I'm going to try a new approach on Monday. Operation SleepGate is going down!!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!