Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Date Nights...

instagrammed - @chicsahm

This Monday my soldier and I had the rare opportunity to go on a Savannah free date night. I wasn't expecting to go out that night. I had already cooked dinner and was ready to put Sav to bed. When he surprised me and told me that he wanted to take me out I admit I was a little conflicted. I was tired and I didn't feel like pulling it together to go on a date. I was looking forward to going to bed early and trying to catch some Zs before our little one made her trek to our bed.

Then I looked at my soldier's face. I could see that he really wanted to go out. He wanted to take me on a real date. No babies allowed. A part of me thinks that he knew I needed to go out even if I didn't know myself. So. After dinner I got Sav ready for bed, cleaned up the kitchen and proceeded to get dressed. Some where between my outfit change and painting my toes I started getting excited. 

I decided to wear a black peplum top and my black cigarette pants. We were going out for dessert and drinks so I though the outfit was perfect. I felt really good about myself. I hate that I didn't snap any pics. We had a great time. We people watched and just hung out. The way we use to before the baby. I didn't realize it until Monday but I do miss being able to go out on real dates. I had a great time. It reminded me how important it is to tap back into what made me great before Savannah. I haven't fallen off but I have certainly forgotten about some of the little things that make up who I am. Not as Savannah's Mom but as my husband's wife. I needed that reminder.

Anyone else ever felt like this?

13 comments:

  1. All the time! It's especially difficult for mothers to spend time away from their kiddos without that feeling of guilt creeping up on us. It's great that you and the hubby had a chance to have some together, baby-free time. That's almost equally as important as spending all that time with your little girl.

    Btw, that cake looks delicious. I think I gained 5 lbs just looking at it!

    Reese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cake was so yummy! It was a red velvet cheesecake. It finally hit me Monday that our time alone is very important. Up until now I didn't really make it a priority and I have to do better.

      Delete
  2. So does it make me a bad mom when I don't feel guilty about kid-free time??? LOL Well I need it sometimes because it keeps me sane. I'm so glad you went out and enjoyed a nice of dessert and wine. You know I love wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't make you a bad Mom at all!! I wish I could get rid of the guilt! Maybe as she gets older??

      Delete
    2. I feel no guilt when I leave my kids!! None. I think it does come with time. You hit the nail on the head, sometimes we can get so caught up in being. Mother that we forget our husbands need us too!

      Delete
    3. Yep, Mimi I am guilty of forgetting that he wants to spend time with me too. That's why I'm trying so hard to get her out of our bed. We can at least watch a movie or have some kind of date night at home if I could get her back to her old schedule/habits.

      Delete
  3. I am so in need of a baby free date. But right now it's not a possibility. We don't have any family or close friends here, and I wouldn't be able to leave my baby with someone I don't know without being beyond anxious. We had a little date night earlier this year when vacationing with family, and it was so nice. I think having time to just be a couple is definitely a necessity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling. Our family is over three hours away, so we only go out once every few months because I can't even imagine letting someone else babysit. Not that it's bad to have a babysitter, but I'm super anxious to begin with. She was over 1 years old before I even left her with family.

      Reese

      Delete
    2. We had family in town and that made leaving so much easier. We don't live close to family either so whenever someone comes to visit we try to get out at least one night before they head back east.

      Delete
  4. Hubby and I don't have kids yet, but I hear all the time that date nights are few & far between when the babies arrive. I wish we had more date nights but hubby works 60+ hours a week so... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you live near family you may be able to squeeze in more time alone. Enjoy the alone time while you still have it!!

      Delete
  5. Bugger the date! I just want a slice of that cake!
    Linking up for the TGIF Blog Hop :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!