Monday, October 8, 2012

Chic Obsessions: Baby Essentials with Guest Blogger Baby Teems




So you finally got your swaddle down? You're on to your last wrap and tuck but don't have enough cloth. Rats! Now you have to start all over again. LOL, Well, the classic muslin blankets by aden + anais solved all of my problems. No more fighting with odd-shapped blankets. The muslins are large, perfectly square, and get softer with every wash. You will find the cost easy to justify with its versatility. During the summer months I have also used these blankets as a car seat cover and a receiving blanket.



Even though I am a SAHM, I pump. If you haven't discovered yet...pumping can be annoying. Once you get the hang, there is little need to monitor your flow. Instead of being bored, why not make the best of the next 10-20 minutes? I suggest you go hands-free and watch some tv, tweet, text, or update your Facebook status. You might not want to tell the world what you're doing though. LOL, Hands-free pumping will be your little secret to productivity. I already own a Medela pump so the this bustier was the perfect compliment. 



Baby wearing helps my son feel secure and in the mix while letting me be hands-free. I actually prefer grocery shopping with my carrier. There is only one cart to push and more room. Although I love wrap carriers, my Ergo is a fave because its durable, quick to put on, yet manly enough for my husband. I also love having pockets and the option to wear it on our back. There are many chic colors to choose from!

Chicco KeyFit Caddy



 When my husband and I made our fancy stroller purchase, people suggested we get one strictly for the infant car seat. I was dead set against it due to cost and storage. However, in less than 4 weeks we gave in and bought the KeyFit Caddy. Everyone was right. It is quick, light, and super convenient. This was a much better purchase for the earlier months. Although my stroller has an adaptor for the car seat, it's just not as easy to pull up to a table or maneuver through small stores like the caddy. I love the cup holders and large storage below. There is also a little hidden compartment up top. I use that for hand sanitizer which is good to have before you pick up the baby in public. 



  



This changing pad is by far my favorite item ever! The Skip Hop Changing Station is affordable, sleek, and stylish. It is designed like wristlet/clutch- so perfect for a chic mom! In fact, I use it so much that I tend to keep my baby bag in the car. I am no longer afraid to change my son in public. I even use this on top of changing stations in the restroom. It is easy to clean and makes me feel a little more sanitary. One of the best buys you could ever make.


Thanks for letting me share my top 5 chic obsessions for the first 5 months. I hope you enjoyed it! 
Feel free to stop by Baby Teems where my expectations meet experience in a candid journey through motherhood. 

11 comments:

  1. Girl, my favorite has to be the medela bustier. I have the Medela Freestyle pump so if I ever have another baby I will be getting the bustier to go with it! I'd also like to try the swaddle blankets too! They seem so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noah loved being swaddled in those blankets. He would wake up and fuss with the other ones. At first I thought I would look too crazy with the busiter but I love having it.

      Delete
  2. great post! I love the changing station! It is crucial for germy areas like bathroom changing tables!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The changing station comes in handy. I love those! I need to invest in the bustier for hands free pumping. Currently, I'm using a sports bra that I put some holes in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A baby changing station provides an elevated solution to changing a baby’s diaper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not planning on having a baby any time soon...the hubby can't give me the attention I need until he finishes his CPA exam. However, I am always looking for cute items to give to new parents at baby showers!

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with all of your pics and I own some variation of 4/5. Instead of swaddling using blankets (I just can't do it tight enough) I use the Halo velcro swaddle blankets. We got one at the hospital when we had the baby and they became our favorite. I keep two different ones: one fleece and one ligher-weight cotton. My 13 week-old just grew out of the newborn size, so they've been a great investment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used the Halo velcro swaddle blankets with my daughter. It made swaddling so much easier for me too!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!