Monday, January 27, 2014

Make a List of MUST and Maybe's

Today I wanted to share something that I have found to be extremely helpful. Sometimes I find myself running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. At the end of the day I know I've done a lot but I can't really remember exactly what I did. Not fun. Or fair. Especially since I'm the type of person that likes to have that sense of accomplishment at the end of each day.

Since I've pretty much ruled out being able to do it all everyday I came up with a solution that gives me the best of both worlds. The Musts and the Maybes. Everyday I make a list of five things that I must do during the day. Then I make a list of five things that maybe I'll do if I have the time or the energy. 

I like the idea of a list of five because it's not overwhelming and it still leaves plenty of time for play with my kids. Sometimes I'm able to knock out a few things while BabyM naps and Savannah does an activity in her workbook or plays independently. So. Instead of giving myself a long laundry list of things that I know I can't accomplish in 24 hours (because let's face it -- I clock out at 8 unless someone is crying, bleeding or really needs their Mommy) I stick with a list of must-dos and maybe-dos.

What do you think? Does making a list of 5 must and maybes sound helpful?

Feel free to print or download your own list of 'Musts & Maybes', it's FREE!

7 comments:

  1. Very practical and realistic. I would feel less pressure with the "Maybe" side. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I don't pressure myself about getting the Maybe side done. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I do think breaking it down helps. I really have to get it together with my planning. Its a major set back of mind. Sometimes I allow certain activities to take up too much of my time as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that too. I can get carried away with certain activities and before I know it the day is over. Breaking it down helps me a lot!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Tia! I've found my way to your blog by way of one of Carissa's (The Green Eyed Lady Blog) tweets! I'm Courtney, and I blog over at The Brown Girl with Long Hair...nice to meet you! I've just started following your blog via Google Friends...and on Pinterest, too! As for your post: Making a list of 5 must and maybes sounds awesome. I am a list writer -- I write lists of lists. It's an obsession of mine. I'm Type A, what can I say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Nice meeting you! I'm Type A as well and lists just make me feel so much better about getting things done. They are a necessary evil!

      Delete
  4. This is great and pretty, definately encourage to be more organize!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!