Thursday, January 16, 2014

30th Birthday Countdown: Mommy Makeover

I'm not going to say that I have been looking slightly beat down lately. But…

Let's just say I am in need of a new look. Badly. That's where Vinuss Hair Extensions comes in to play.

I pulled a Britney in 2010 when I was pregnant with Savannah and cut all my hair off. Love that look. Then it grew out. Love love love my curls and natural hair. However. I was not prepared for the maintenance that's involved with natural hair. I found a hair regimen that worked well for my hair and it's grown out a lot.

Enter BabyM.

Now that I have two little crumb snatchers (whom I love dearly) vying for my attention I have less time to wash/co-wash, detangle, trim, twist, roll, blow out or straighten all this hair. I have tried to make time, but if you read this blog then you know these kids keep me very busy.

I promised myself that for my 30s (and especially my Flirty30) I was going to pull myself all the way together. So. In an effort to give myself a break from feeling bad about not having time to do my hair I will be getting a sew-in.

The nice people over at Vinuss were nice enough to send me three lovely bundles (16, 18, 20 inches) of 100% unprocessed virgin Peruvian loose wave hair. Their customer service is excellent and their prices are even better.

My hair arrived individually bagged and labeled. Each bundle was packaged in a hair net. The first two bundles in the pic below are still in their net. I removed the net from the last bundle so that you could see the difference.



Here is an up close pic of the ends of the 20 inch bundle. Super smooth. Very shiny. 




Here is a picture showing the wave pattern. The hair is so soft. I'm beyond excited for my install in a couple weeks. I plan to have it dyed a golden blond. I'll be going for the color that Cynthia is currently wearing on RHOA. I am obsessed with her ombre color.


I'll be posting my new look very soon. Thinking about changing up your look using hair extensions? Do yourself a favor and visit Vinuss.  Their prices are perfect for a Mommy on a budget. You can thank me later.

When was the last time you changed your look?

*I was provided with product in exchange for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.*

13 comments:

  1. Maaaaaaan. I can't wait to see this transformation. Adjusting to two is so hard. I suppose that is why they say it is harder going from one to two than adding any subsequent children.

    Flirty 30 is around the corner. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going from one to two has been crazy! I'm excited for a new look!

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing your Mommy Makeover. I definitely want to try some type extensions this summer, most likely crochet braids. I saw a youtube video of someone doing crochet braids that looked like a really good full twist out. Nothing like the crochet braids from the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen so many crochet braids on IG lately. They all look good too, nothing like they did back in the day. That's a great idea for the summer!

      Delete
  3. My Best friend loves Crochet braids. Hurry up with makeover. You are going to shut it down. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I waited 5 million years between my 2 was a bit better but I was OLDER! Lawd i'll be 41 in less than 2 months...*sigh* I can't wait to see how the looks come together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People say that's the way to go though. Spread them babies out, LOL!!

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see it! I know I want to do a protective style within the next couple of months and a sew in a possibility. I haven't had one in a while. I went on the Vinnus site and tehy do have some great deals on bundles. I may have to try them! I'm going to wait on your review first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't their prices the bomb? (if people are still saying that LOL) I'll be sharing my full review after my install, can't wait!!!

      Delete
  6. OMG Tia! I too am contemplating a new look for my 30's...I've been natural for 3 years and have yet to switch up my look for longer than 2weeks. This post was right on...and YOU are going to look FAB (as usual).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been contemplating crossing over back to the other side, we'll see…I just can't with not having time to do my hair and in the mean time I look like "who did it and why", LOL!!!

      Delete
  7. Can't wait to see our new look. Nothing like a little change or switching things up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!