Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Approaching 30

I've been talking a lot lately about my thirtieth birthday. Also known as my Flirty30. I've also been reading a lot about people turning 30. As it turns out many of my blogger friends are also turning the big 3-0 this year (or they already have). My real life BFF turns 30 the week before I do. We were born exactly one week apart. In all these talks and blog posts about 30 I have noticed one common theme…

Thirty is all about "getting your life". That means something different to everyone. For me it means coming into my own. I am so excited about crossing over and leaving my twenties behind. My twenties were so good to me. Graduated school, got married (not in that order lol), worked at some great places, lived in some great places and I had the pleasure of becoming a mother.

My twenties flew by. I'm not really sure that I enjoyed them the way that I should have. I was too focused on making money, learning about what it meant to be married and finding my stride as a Mom. Now that all of that is behind me I am looking forward to getting back to knowing myself again. It won't be easy but in my 30s I am going to make time for myself. Instead of wishing I was doing more of something I'm just going to do it.

I'm going to relax more. Spend more time with my girlfriends. Not stress out over every little thing with these kids. In my 30s I'm going to be more okay with treating myself every now and then. I'm going to believe my husband when he says I am capable of going after my dreams.

I have never been so excited about a birthday before. I'm so ready.

What's been your biggest birthday so far?

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome to the third decade of life...where like you said, we all are getting our lives. lol That's a hard question but I think my biggest birthdays in celebration were 21, 24, and 27 and 30 Those were ones I spent with more than two people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've had a big birthday celebration as an adult… I guess there's a first time for everything!

      Delete
  2. I'll be 28 this year and I'm totally like "where'd my twenties go?" Even though I have two more years in my twenties, I can't help but to feel some kind of way about turning 30. It a pretty big milestone age, especially for us women, and more so as a wife and mom. I feel like a new set of responsibilities come with turning 30. People see you differently, and that you're supposed to act like a "grown up". Although I know that all a natural part of growing up and maturing, the reality of it is sometime hard to swallow. At the end of the day, I know its a blessing to turn another year and to embrace it with open arms.

    Tenns @ New Mama Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about turning 30 but I do feel like my 20s went by way too quickly. I think we can still get away with some stuff, LOL! People don't really start looking at you to be a real adult until you're 35, right? I hope I'm right!

      Delete
  3. I truly believe turning 30 is all about coming into your own. For the last few years, I was afraid of approaching the big 3-0 for some reason. I guess I have that fear of not having it all together yet. But I turn 29 in a few months and I've been telling my besties this is my "Prelude to 30." I no longer care if I'm in the same space as my friends or old classmates. I'm gonna be too busy being me!

    I hope you have fun and really enjoy yourself for your birthday, Tia. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you're so right…we can't compare our lives to someone else's because we all have to run our own race. Sometimes it's hard though… Enjoy the last year of your twenties!

      Delete
  4. awww...so exciting. mine felt just like yesterday...i love the idea of spending more time with the girlfriends....enjoy every single minute of your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm going to live it up this year!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!