Sunday, August 19, 2012

Stylish Saturday: First Thrifting Trip

This edition of Stylish Saturday is a little different. Instead of showing you all what I wore I'm going to share with you some of the things I found while out thrifting. First of all can I just say that thrifting was such an adrenaline rush! I don't think I've ever felt that way while shopping. Well. Maybe. But not in a very long time. I had so much fun. My Mom went with me and Savannah slept in her stroller the entire time. I didn't go too crazy. 

I set a twenty dollar budget. I mainly wanted to find dresses. Instead of looking at everything (and trust me there was tons to look at) I went right to the dresses and focused on those racks. That way I wouldn't be tempted to buy anything else. I found three dresses that I really loved. The first was a chambray wrap dress from The Loft.




The next was a gorgeous long sleeve Lanvin (yep you read that right) silk shirt dress. It fits so well and I am in love. I can not believe that I lucked up on something like this on my first thrifting trip. Since I am in the process of moving I won't be wearing this dress until I am reunited with the perfect pair of shoes for the dress.



This is a picture of Lanvin labels. I googled Lanvin labels just to be sure that my dress was legit. My dress is on the left and an internet image is on the right.

lanvin


The last dress I found was a striped dress with a great cut. On the hanger it didn't look like much but since I liked the colors so much I decided to try it on. I'll admit it's a little snug but once I quit drinking so much soda it'll fit perfect. It kind of reminds me of a pack of chewing gum, haha!


I have been so inspired by all of the fashion (and non fashion) bloggers that thrift. I would secretly be amazed (and jealous) of all the cute stuff they were finding. I plan to go thrifting again really soon. Oh, by the way, I found all three of my dresses for seventeen dollars. Love. Sorry that last dress isn't right side up. My soldier gifted me with a Mac yesterday and I have no clue on how to work it yet. So you may see some posts with weird layouts until I get my life back together, haha! Taking an Apple class isn't exactly at the top of my to-do list right now.  Bare with me!

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Sounds like you had a very fruitful trip. I'm on my iPad and for some reason the pics are displaying.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You came home with some really nice things. I love your dresses. I usually look for home stuff when I'm in the thrift store. I need to start checking out the clothing section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!!! I'm going to go thrifting again soon! I'm addicted lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the wonderful world of thrifting! Are you addicted yet!? Great finds!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you scored a Lanvin piece while thrifting! Congrats, that's amazing! I was inspired by all the great thrifted finds bloggers were posting too, but my trip to Goodwill was the. biggest. fail. I don't know if I did something wrong, if it was just an off day, or if it was the location. Do you have any thrifting tips you can share? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very new to thrifting so I don't have many tips. Mimi over at LipglossandBinky.com told me to look thru all the racks twice. I tried to do that and I also didn't try to do the whole store. I only looked at the dresses. Today I think I'll look at dresses and jackets. If my daughter is in a good mood I'll do blouses too. Another thing I read on Mimi's Instagram is that she sets a budget and a time frame. That helped me out so I wouldn't be in there forever trying to look at EVERYTHING, lol! I'm gonna do another post about my trip today. If I think of any tips I'll be sure to share them.

      Delete
  6. Cute finds! When you say "thrifting" are we talking about Goodwill or a consignment shop? Maybe I should do this more often!

    I'm not a fashion person, so I don't even know what Lanvin is, but it's cute. :)

    Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Goodwill. I'm going again today and I'll be sure to share my findings. You should give it a shot!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!