Monday, August 27, 2012

Skin Deep

I have been fed up with my skin for quite sometime. After going to the dermatologist and trying several different things I finally caved and headed to my local Ulta. At first I thought I would try ProActive because the commercials are so darn convincing. When I got to the mall I learned that all of the little ProActive kiosks had been replaced with little ProActive vending machines. That's not happening. I'm not swiping my debit card at a vending machine. The next thing I know I'll have charges on my card for everyone's ProActive. That would happen to me. Then to top it off the product probably wouldn't even work for me but everyone else with free ProActive would have amazing skin.




Anyways, I went to Ulta to see what my options were. The esthetician sat down with me for about 15 minutes. She looked at my skin, made some notes (which always makes you feel like you're really more messed up than you are, haha) and helped me select a new skin routine. It's the dermalogica oily skin kit. It was on sale for $35 and I'm hoping it lives up to the hype Lindsay (the esthetician) gave it. I'll share updates on how it's working for me. Has anyone tried this brand before? What were your results?


-posted with my chic iPhone

7 comments:

  1. i've heard good things! let me know - i have terrible skin
    Xo Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use it personally, but one of my friends swears by Dermalogica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of it, but I hope it works for you! I tried ProActiv a few years ago and it turned my face into a dry, patchy mess! I've never had acne, I just wanted clearer skin smh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter suffers with acne, we have tried at least a dozen products including Proactive which didn't work at all..
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll stop by Ulta today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far so good ladies!! I'll post an update in about a week to see if the results stick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Clinique's 3 step system for oily skin. It has really made a huge improvement on my skin as well as Clinique's spot treatment for my acne scars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! So far I like the dermalogica but if I'm being honest I really haven't seen that much improvement in my acne. Overall my skin looks great. It's brighter and more even. If I could just get my forehead under control I'd be more satisfied. I may try the Clinique when I'm done with this set. I have oily skin too.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!