Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Love

I have had a lot of different things on my mind lately. I will eventually blog about all of them soon. One of the things that I've been thinking about the most is my husband. His determination, patience, sense of humor and his love for me and Sav. I have found it to be so amazing how he has changed over the years that I've known him. As a result our relationship has changed too.

I met my husband in April of 2002. I was attending a minority weekend orientation at our college, East Carolina University, when he introduced himself to me. It was like he popped up out of no where. We instantly had a friendly connection. A chemistry that could only be described as comfortable. We had a comfortable chemistry. I felt like I had known him my whole life. Like we had been friends for years. We dated through out college. Like some college couples do we broke up and got back together a few times. I like to think that that's part of our fun past. We still talk about those days. There's his version. My version. And the truth is probably some where in the middle.

Anyway. When I think about what he was like at 21 I would have never guessed that he would be the man he is today. The college frat boy that I knew would never be a home body that enjoys singing the Fresh Beat Band's "Great Day". Love and marriage has certainly changed him. It has changed us. For the better. We are happier. Funnier. And crazier (in a good way).

I am so thankful for my husband. Grateful. I am still enchanted by his smile. And his eyes. He still gives me those butterflies I had as a college freshman. In December we will celebrate seven years of marriage. I feel so blessed. Our journey has been love filled. One of the greatest things about marriage is that it provides you with the opportunity to fall in love for the rest of your life. Because of Him and him I'm still falling. And I'm so grateful for that...

us on our first date at Outback Steakhouse. circa summer 2002


10 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest post ever. S!ounds like you guys have come a long way... so happy for you! And I love that this post is a "just because" post since your anniversary isn't until later this year. Super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love this! I'm head over heels for my hubs too. We've been together for 9 years and married for 5. We are renewing our vows next weekend. I always say that I wish everyone could experience real true love like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never express my/our love in words like this. This was perfect! I wish you all many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a nice story and much love and success to you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh...I smiled through out this whole post. I love it!! I love seeing love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww super sweet! I totally know the feeling of meeting someone and feeling like you've known them forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet. You're right -- it's fun and amazing falling in love over and over again. I know what you mean, hun.

    Love that you have a pic of your first date. Y'all were CLEARLY happy to be together then, and still today.

    I hope God continues to bless your beautiful marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to hear of love and happy marriages. Cute picture of you both.

    Keep the communication going. That is the key!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all the kind words ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!