Friday, August 10, 2012

My New Look Part 2

I wanted to do a quick update or review on what I think about my braids so far. Since this is my first time getting braids done I'm not quite sure I knew what to expect. While I am very happy with the way they look I'm not so sure I was prepared for the way they feel. These suckers are heavy, long and in the way. Maybe it's because I'm use to having my little curly fro, but I can not imagine wearing my braids down. I've been trying to pin them back in the front and I've attempted to do a bun several times with no luck. I'm still very happy with my decision to get them but I'm still trying to get use to them. The next time I have my braids done I will definitely go with a smaller box braid.

Anyway. Here are some of the styles I've done so far. Nothing extreme. I've been getting tons of compliments on the color of the hair. It is a number 30 from the Kanekelon line.






i think this ponytail makes me look sixteen. not to mention my husband said it reminded him of "Shanaynay" from Martin.


8 comments:

  1. Your braids look so cute on you! I never thought about the weight of the hair, but now that you mention it, it does make sense. Also, I don't know if you even make 16 on the last pic...maybe 14, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hahaha, yeah, I look SUPER young with that ponytail!

      Delete
  2. Shanaynay - I die I die! But seriously your hair looks cute! I think my fav is with the bandanna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the braids and yes, at first it seems like you are walking around with a weight on your head but it gets lighter, color is great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like! I was thinking about getting some then I thought about all of the work it takes to get them out! They look super cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not looking forward to taking them out either. Hopefully it won't be that bad!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!