Thursday, August 16, 2012

So Chic: My First Blog Award

Jasmyne over at A Fisher's Wife was nice enough to award me with the Liebster award. This is my first blogger award and I am so excited! Now. To be honest. I had already completed a great Liebster award post. For some reason the layout kept acting crazy and then the worst thing ever happened...my post disappeared. Hopefully, this recreation will be just as good as the original. Let's Go! Round two!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Once this super chic award has been given to you you are challenged to share eleven random facts about yourself. You then have to answer eleven questions from the blogger that gave you the award. Then you have to pick eleven bloggers to share the award with, and come up with eleven questions for them to follow. Now do you understand why I'm so upset that my other post vanished? Haha!

Eleven Random Facts About Me

1. I got my first job at fourteen. I worked for Chick Fil-A.
2. My first car was a Pontiac Sunbird. It was totalled in a head on collision three weeks after I purchased it.
3. I know how to drive a stick. My Sunbird and the car that I got after that ('86 Acura Integra) were both sticks.
4. I got married at the ripe old age of 21. My husband was 25.
5. In the forth grade I broke my femur bone. I was in a body cast for the majority of the school year and had to be home schooled. My fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Jane Timmerman was nice enough to home school me. Good teachers are everything.
6. I have a tattoo of my husband's name on the inside of my wrist. I got the tattoo during my lunch break one day at work. It now hides beneath all of my bracelets and bangles.
7. On my first date with my husband I fell down. I completely busted my butt in front of an entire movie theatre. Since we were seeing Undercover Brother my fall was probably the best thing that theatre saw during that hour and a half. :-)
8. I have four tattoos.
9. I got my navel pierced while I was in college but it didn't stick. The belly piercer said that my stomach was too flat and that my muscles rejected the piercing. I wish I had that problem now!
10. I am addicted to green tea, Sargento Pepper Jack Cheese sticks and Snickers.
11. While in college my dream was to become a news anchor. I'm so glad dreams change.

Eleven Questions from Jasmyne

1. Who is your biggest role model? Why?
My biggest role model would have to be any woman who is successful at what she does. Any woman that is living her life with purpose is something that I look up to.
2. What is your dream car?
My dream car would be any luxury SUV with all the bells and whistles. I currently drive an Acura MDX and I love it. I think I'll always be an Acura girl, but if you give me a Range Rover Sport I'm not going to turn you down. The new Infiniti JX is pretty nice too!
3. What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
I got extremely sick once after taking a laxative. That is all you need to know. It involved a trip to the ER that was not pretty. At all. My husband still picks on me about it.
4. What do you consider your greatest strength?
My greatest strength would is my work ethic. No matter what I am doing I always give one hundred percent.
5. What are some of your pet peeves?
People being late, Getting interrupted when I'm talking and bad customer service.
6. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to give myself a creative outlet. I love writing and connecting with people.
7. What is your favorite accessory?
My smile surrounded by a fabulous red lipstick!
8. Cat lover or dog lover?
Dog Lover.
9. Anything "quirky" about you (double jointed, can say ABCs backwards...?)
I can pick things up with my toes. I know. You're jealous, haha!
10. Do you speak any other languages?
I do not speak any official foreign languages but I happen to speak my toddler's language very well. I understand everything she says.
11. What is considered a perfect day for you?
A perfect day for me would consist of lots of family time. An outing, dinner and some play time at home followed by Savannah going to be at seven thirty. My soldier and I could watch a movie and hang out before deciding to call it a night. Call me crazy but that's a perfect day to me...

Here are eleven blogs that I love. All of them are deserving of the Liebster Award:

Alright Ladies, follow the rules above and don't forget to answer these questions. I can't wait to read everyone's responses!
1. What do you do for a living?
2. What is your favorite color?
3. Who would you like to be play you in a movie about your life?
4. What is your dream vacation?
5. Who is your favorite fashionista? Why?
6. If your house caught on fire what would you try to save?
7. What has been your biggest blessing?
8. What is your favorite meal?
9. As a kid, what did you want to be when grew up?
10. What's your favorite movie?
11. Tell me something that people wouldn't guess by looking at you. (For example I'm a huge Taylor Swift fan)

Thanks again Jasmyne!! To the newest award winners, make sure the bloggers you select have two hundred readers or less. Don't forget to tag me in your posts! Smooches!















8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award! Loved reading the answers to your questions and facts.

    P.S. Now following you on Twitter and Instagram

    Southern Glamourista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you I am going to post and answers all questions tomorrow :) #blmgirls

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7 and 9 randoms had me LOL! I would love that problem too. I enjoy these kinds of posts every now and then! :-) I am considering a bigger vehicle. My Escape is almost too small for travel with just the 3 of us. So I would definitely take a Range too! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Z - I can't wait to read your responses!

    Teems - LOL, I'm glad you got a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the first set of questions, #7 is hilarious! Sorry. I wish #9 was me right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O No! I am glad you got the post done!! Loved the responses and laughs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the award, Tia! I loved reading your responses! And I pick up things with my toes, too :-) It trips my husband out lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!