Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I'm Back! Let the Countdown Begin!



Okay. So I'm back from my trip to visit my in-laws. We had a great time. The visit went by way too fast. I am so glad that I have in-laws that are a joy to be around. Sometimes I hear horror stories about mother-in-laws and how families don't get along. I'm so glad that that's not my story. My MIL and I get along great. We're so different but at the same time we're so much a like. Anyway, I'm so happy that we got a chance to have some real family time with them before we move halfway across the country again.

Now. About this move that I should be preparing for. Can we talk about how I haven't really prepared for it at all? I did manage to throw away some beauty products that were expired but that's just about it. I have so much organizing to do before the movers come. They come next week. I don't know why I even stress over getting organized because when they show up they divide and conquer. One minute my house is home with everything in its place. A few hours later everything is boxed up and ready to be loaded on a truck. And by everything I mean everything. They'll box up your trash if you aren't paying attention.

So our countdown has officially begun. We'll be bouncing around, living the nomadic lifestyle for the next couple weeks. I'm excited about spending some time with my parents before we leave. I'll get to make more Chow Chow and we plan to get a couple sewing projects done too. I'll post about those projects soon! Then we'll get to hang out in Atlanta for a bit before finally leaving for Texas. I love visiting my parents in Atlanta. While there I plan to meet up with some other bloggers and go on my first thrifting trip. If we're still in town I'm going to my first blogger event too. So exciting! This blog has been such a blessing to me and I want to make sure that I network and connect with other chic bloggers while I can. Just talking about everything I'll be doing is making me exhausted.

Whew. Well. I'll be posting all about my upcoming adventures as they happen. Oh. And I have a somewhat funny story to share with you. It will be in the next post about my braids.

5 comments:

  1. I'm kinda lucky in the MIL department, too. Good for us because I've heard some stories out of this world!

    Looks like you'll be busy the next week or so. Whew! Have fun in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh.. how lovely it would be to have movers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After having professional move us last time I don't think I will ever attempt to move on my own again.

    Excuse me while I bow my head in shame. I confess. I am not so lucky but we manage.

    Good luck! I hope you can make time to blog during it all...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!