Monday, June 18, 2012

Pinterest Review


I made this blueberry breakfast cake this morning for breakfast. It's a recipe that I found on pinterest. I have to say that I am slightly disappointed in this breakfast cake. I followed the recipe and instructions to a tee. While the cake came out beautifully, the taste has left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not sure it was the salt or the buttermilk or what but something just didn't click for me. I was expecting the taste of a blueberry muffin in the shape of a cake. That's not what I got. I have to admit that if you take a bite with a blueberry it is pretty tasty, but if you get just cake...it's pretty gross. I am going to assume that I did something wrong because I would hate to think that it's suppose to taste the way it does. Has anyone pinned this and actually tried it? What did you think of the cake's flavor?

Here's how mine turned out. Pretty but nasty.





4 comments:

  1. It certainly looks delicious - at least the Pinterest photo does! I made something that also didn't turn out like I had expected, but mine was a recipe from a book. Sometimes, we pin pictures not knowing if it's great or not. I saw one about a craft for kids that seemed too good to be true, so I went on the internet and did a little research and found out that it was hoax. You should create two boards: one for recipes that you have tried and give a thumbs up and another one where the recipe gets a thumbs down. People will pay attention and want to know what Tia thinks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I might try making this again to see if I get the same results. Everything looks so yummy on Pinterest but you never know what you're going to end up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.. this happened to me once with a recipe from a blog too. I accidentally used salted butter instead of unsalted in some blondie brownie things. Do you think that's possibly what happened?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Jenn, I bet that's what did it! I just checked my butter and it doesn't say that it's unsalted. Whoops! That's probably exactly what did it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!