Thursday, June 7, 2012

My First Garden



These are some of the peppers from my garden. There are tons more growing outside on the plant. So far I am quite proud of my garden. I've been using the basil quite a bit. I have a lot of tomatoes growing too. I'm patiently waiting for them to turn red, can't wait. I must admit that while we were out of town for Memorial Day my garden took quite the beating. I didn't have anyone to water it for me so it doesn't look as pretty as it use to. There was also a casualty, my cilantro. It didn't survive the four days that we were away. So sad. I plan to use the pepper in either salsa or maybe I'll make a pepper relish....Either way, it feels good to have grown something. I'll post an update of the tomatoes when they're ready.

4 comments:

  1. I've listed you on my blog along with a link to yours.
    Check it out at
    http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com/2012/06/7-things-about-me-that-you-probably.html

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! they look great, congrats. I love our garden, it's so awesome growing your own veges :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I have really enjoyed doing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!