Monday, June 25, 2012

Breakfast Quickie




You know what they say about breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day. I have found this to be extremely true for myself. If I skip out on breakfast even for a couple days it throws off my metabolism. Since I don't get to workout as often as I'd like my metabolism is really important to me.

Enough about that. This breakfast is the quickest little meal ever. I learned about this no brainer breakfast sandwich while I was visiting my parents in Atlanta. It's so fast and simple to make. Even the busiest of Moms should be able to make this before the day gets started.

Ingredients
1 egg
2 strips of bacon
2 slices of wheat bread
Cheese is optional

Directions

Place 2 strips of your favorite bacon on a microwave safe dish. Cover with a paper towel and cook for about two minutes and 15 seconds. Place cooked bacon on a dry paper towel to drain. Crack your egg into a microwave safe bowl. Season your egg and whisk it up. Cover bowl with the same paper towel that you used to cover your bacon. (recycle, reduce, reuse) Microwave for one minute. Place egg on wheat bread. Top with bacon and sprinkle with cheese if you'd like.

That's it. I normally eat my sandwich with a Sargento Pepper Jack cheese stick instead of sprinkling the cheese on the sandwich. Sometimes I'll add a tomato and spinach if I have more time, but on most days this basic sandwich gets the job done. It's isn't revolutionary or a fantastic new recipe. I just thought I'd share what works for me every morning because I know it's some woman out there who's skipping her most important meal because she "doesn't have enough time". Try this out and you'll be getting a fresher start to the day in no time! This may not be the best breakfast ever but it sure is the quickest, not to mention it's pretty darn healthy too.

You can find one of these bacon plates anywhere.



Cooked Egg.





4 comments:

  1. I am so bad at finding a good, quick breakfast sometimes!! This looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, fast and easy! When I don't have time to roll out a big breakfast this little sandwich is my saving grace, haha!

      Delete
  2. This looks really good. I love quick stuff in the morning. I am stopping by from Finding New Friends and am a new follower. Hope to see you at True Aim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A quick breakfast makes all the difference sometimes!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!