Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Little Summer Soiree Part 1

Soiree. I use that term lightly. Well. Actually I used it because it sounds good with summer. One of my favorite things to do is have my closest friends over. For me, it beats going out every time. I love planning and preparing for their visit. Creating a menu. Making a little Sangria. That's my kind of summer afternoon. We've never really had the opportunity to get together with friends on the weekends because we've never lived this close to any of them. That's why I am super delighted about my BFF coming to visit Saturday.

We became besties back in middle school. Hung tight in high school. Survived being roommates in college. After graduation she started her amazing career where we grew up and I've bounced around like a ping pong due to my husband's noble profession as a soldier. Somehow we've managed to keep our friendship strong and that makes me very happy. Every girl deserves at least one good girlfriend that won't judge them. Ever.

We plan to hang out like old times. This will be the first time that we are meeting the new man in her life. I've heard great things about him and I can't wait to meet him. The soldier and I don't plan to do anything super fancy for dinner. Just regular cookout fare. I will post about the menu and the Sangria (because that's the best part of any gathering besides the conversation) and all the fun later! What do you ladies do for fun with your girlfriends?

2 comments:

  1. For fun...We drink sangria, get drunk and have the giggles laughing about stuff when did in our hoodrat days!! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!