Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Zoo Etiquette

As you know we took Savannah to the zoo last week. The Georgia public library system and Zoo Atlanta have a cool program that gives you free admission to the zoo once a year. We decided to take advantage of the program and check out some of our favorite animals.

This was our first family zoo trip so I wasn't prepared for some of what we encountered. First things first. There should be zoo etiquette. Rules that apply when visiting the zoo. Just like the dinner table but not as air conditioned. If you are with a group of adults you should probably give the children first dibs on the exhibits. Especially the ones strapped in a stroller. Let me let you in on a secret... you are taller than them. I was so bugged by the rude adults that didn't make room for the kiddos that wanted to see the animals.

Not to mention that it was hot as the devil's kitchen outside. Which doesn't make the experience any better. I thought we were gonna have a nice family stroll thru the zoo, but by the time we hit the reptiles I was ready to go, ha ha. The sweat was literally starting to roll down my back and that's when I knew it was time to say good bye. All in all we had a great time and Savannah loved seeing the animals. We enjoyed them too! She even got to bring home a panda of her very own. They have been inseparable.

Of course, I have like eight trillion pics and videos from the trip. Here are just a few snap shots from our day.




I think this is my husband's first appearance on Chic SAHM. Handsome, right?





I'm happy to be leaving. She's passed out, mission accomplished!



2 comments:

  1. I was thinking of you yesterday and made a point to pop on over to your blog and see how you're doing. I love zoos, probably as much as the kids, not that we go often. You've added a couple of good words of advice here. Thanks! Oh, and yes, hubby is handsome! :) Have a great day! Tina at http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina! I've been reading your poetry and I really love it! How do you do it all?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!