Monday, May 21, 2012

Cosmetic Tweaks

A nip here. A tuck there. Cosmetic surgery seems to really bring the best and worst out of some people. I recently saw a picture of Lark Voorhies (Lisa) from Saved By the Bell and it appears that she has had a considerable amount of work done. I understand people wanting to change something about themselves that they do not like. I can relate to that. Not that I've had any type of cosmetic surgery but today I had a little cosmetic tweak done.

I was born with what I like to refer to as vampire fangs. They weren't the sexy kind you see on True Blood, but more of the distracting confidence robbing kind. They were like tiny little baby teeth. I believe the medical term would be "peg legs". My peg legs really bothered me. I had really bad teeth as a child. I wore braces from 6th grade to the summer before 10th grade. Even after going through all that, head gear included, my smile still wasn't what I was hoping it would be. I smiled anyway though.

No one else in my family had these peg legs. No one. Everyone had perfectly square teeth. I always told myself that before I became a Mom I wanted to get my teeth "fixed". So back in April I started the process of getting the smile I've always wanted. Several appointments later I finally have a smile that I can be proud of.  When I take pictures now I won't have to worry about being able to truly smile. I won't have to worry about having conversations up close or laughing out loud. All the things that I would normally be self conscious about are no longer an issue.

I am so happy with my decision to have a little cosmetic tweak done. I will no longer judge young girls who get botox or boob jobs. Maybe they have issues with their foreheads and breasts like I did with my teeth. That may comparing apples to oranges but you see what I mean. My peg legs were like a wrinkle on some girl's forehead. It bothered me. If my face weren't so swollen I would post an after pic, but I'm pretty sure pictures will eventually make their way to the blog. Feels good to be 100% confident. That's a new kind of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!