Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Potty Training is Ruining My Life 2



potty training

I thought it would be nice to give you all an update on our potty training succes. Or lack thereof. We have made a little progress. Whenenver she has to go potty I know the signs. She "tells" me that she's about to go or has already gone. I have gotten our timing down. The kitchen stove timer reminds me to grab a book and sit her down every 25 minutes. It has been messy and it hasn't been easy but we are getting there.

We took a little potty break after things got a little too frustrating for the both of us. During that time she became more aware of when she was going "potty" in her diaper. That has made things so much easier this go 'round. I decided over the Memorial Day holiday weekend that when we returned home we would turn a new page and really committ to training. I'd like to think potty training is a lot like dieting. You have your good days and your bad days. Sometimes you follow the plan and sometimes you don't.

Then all of a sudden you get to that day where you say "I've had enough.", "I'm really going to do it this time.". That's where we are. If I could have a svelte Jennifer Hudson playing in the background every 25 minutes that would make the journey a little better. I can hear her singing to Savannah now, "If you want it you got it. You gotta believe." Love those Weight Watchers commercials, so catchy. :-)

Anyway, JHud is right. If our family goal was to get her potty trained by a certain time why not go for it full throttle. I know she's ready. She knows she's ready. Let's do this. Again. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I had the same issues then I finally decided to do it. I did the bootcamp method because I didn't want to spend a ton on Pull Ups and it actually worked. We aren't all the way there but we are closer than we were. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bootcamp method? Should I be hanging my head in shame because I have no clue what this is, lol...with my luck it's probably the answer to my potty training prayers. Let me Google...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!