Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Bachelorette Episode 1

Okay. So here's the thing. I like reality tv. It doesn't matter if they're competing, fighting, or trying to become the next big 15 minute star. I will watch it. I'll watch makeovers, make unders and make ups to break ups. The Bachelorette is sure to deliver all of these. Since I find myself to be somewhat of a reality tv expert I decided that it would be fun to blog about this season.

Why this season you ask? Well, for starters the beloved Emily from the Brad Womack season of The Bachelor is our Bachelorette. C'mon you know you were secretly pulling for her! Like most fairytales her prince suddenly turned into a douche bag once the magic of the cameras was over. Disney tends to leave that part out of the movies, so this may be the first you've ever heard of an unhappily ever after. Luckily for Emily some genius over at ABC knew she'd be tv gold and asked her to come back to be the next Bachelorette. And with a wave of a wand Emily was a princess yet again.

Another reason this season holds a special place in my heart is because it was filmed in Charlotte, NC. The Queen City. Home of the Carolina Panthers and the Charlotte Bobcats. And now The Bachelorette. I grew up in Charlotte and I must admit I'm pretty excited to see the city as a back drop this season. Anyways, I digress...

So, if you watched the show last night you saw Emily's daughter and their home. Cute girl, cute house. If you remember from BW's season he visited Emily in that house so I was glad to see that she didn't upgrade for the cameras. Not that she needs to, her house is quite lovely. As I was watching her I thought to myself "Why is this beautiful girl on tv looking for love?" She seems to really "have it all" already. I'm sure with time Emily would have found love the ole fashioned way. Then again, from what I hear from my single girl friends in Charlotte, the pickins there are pretty slim. So...maybe not.

The guys this season seem to be like the the bachelors from all the other seasons. There is the obvious sweet guy, Doug, who is a single Dad. A few funny guys. Randy dressed up as a grandma to catch Emily's attention. It didn't work. Randy did not receive a rose at the end of the night. Sometimes less really is more. The jerk of the season appears to be Kalon, who arrived via helicopter. The other guys hated that. Emily passed out the coveted first impression rose to Doug (he deserved it). If Doug doesn't blow it, he may win this whole thing. Only time will tell. A preview of the season shows lots of drama. I can't remember excatly but I'm pretty sure our sweet Emily even drops the "F-bomb" while kicking someone out of the house. So yes, I am excited to follow these crazy people as they travel to beautiful places in hopes of becoming Mr.Emily Maynard and the winner of The Bachelorette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!