Thursday, March 5, 2015

#OurProject52: In My Cup

Photographing food is hard. I had no idea until I tried to make last night's dinner look food blogger worthy. I kind of left our salmon in the oven a bit too long but it was still tasty. You wouldn't know it looking at this picture though.

I gave up soda and wine for Lent. I don't drink juice and I'm taking a bit of a break from tea so the only thing that's in my cup these days is good ole all natural h2O. 

salmon dinner with brussel sprouts

I can only drink water one way and that's ice cold. Lately I have been drinking about four or five twenty ounce bottles a day. I have noticed such a big difference in my body and my skin since upping my water intake. Soda and I may have finally broken up for good this time. 

The results I'm seeing have motivated me to keep knocking back bottle after bottle. Are you normally good about drinking water? What's your favorite thing to sip on these days?

9 comments:

  1. Girl, I so needed to read this. Lately I've been addicted to soda like never before. I need to quit this Rootbeer and get my entire life together. I need to quit everything and just drink water. I'm going to try that starting Monday. I'm snowed in right now so its all fat food and beverage all the time. #ourproject52

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being snowed in has to be getting to you. I have forgotten about what winter can be like while living in Texas. Drinking more water has been tough some days but the results have been amazing.

      Delete
  2. Your plate looks delish!

    I try to drink water. I'll start off doing really well but then I fall off the wagon. I like to kid myself and say that coffee counts, but I know it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a weird angle because the rest of my counter was a hot mess, LOL! It has helped me to drink 20oz bottles with every meal. That way I know I'm getting at least 60oz a day.

      Delete
  3. I hear you on the photography is hard tip!! Right!! I don't care for Salmon, however, I could become a fan from this photo!

    I drink tons of water and more when I am training for a race. I refill a 16-32 ounce cup daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so hard to get a pic that looked right. The flash made my food look nasty and without a flash it looked weird. I ended up choosing a shot without the flash, the lesser of two evils I suppose.

      Delete
  4. I drink water most of the time. I use to be a big juice drinker, but I stopped drinking juice daily about three years ago. Now I may have a probiotic drink a few times a month, but hardly ever any juice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never got into juices or smoothies. I was hooked on Pepsi for years while in college before I switched to Coke and Dr.Pepper. Dr.Pepper became my main drink for a while. Since going cold turkey I have to say I don't miss it. Drinking water has been so good to my body.

      Delete
  5. i drink water...or coffee, but I have a slight addiction to mountain dew that i'm trying to control during lent. Food is my new favorite thing to photograph. I think because it's so different than people for me. Plus, it doesn't talk back.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!