Thursday, March 19, 2015

31 Before 32: Pixie Cut Plans

Yesterday I spent the entire day in the bed feeling a little under the weather with Little Mike. He's sick too. I spent the whole day watching HGTV and eating saltine crackers. Not fun.

One of the perks of being on the sick and shut in list is you have plenty of time to roam the land of Pinterest. I must've seen a million haircuts. Millions. Apparently there is a pixie style out there for all of us. I haven't had a short haircut since 2006 (other than when I did the big chop for going natural in 2010). I'm looking forward to the change though. Honestly, I really need to cut my hair off and start over with growing it out.

A week ago I got crochet braids done. They were pretty but I got them done with kanekelon hair because those Youtube gurus had me thinking I could manage all that. I couldn't manage it. I called my braider back and she's going to give me some box braids this weekend. I plan to wear those and get my haircut after that. Just in time for the Texas triple digit heat summer weather that's coming.

Here are some of the styles I am gravitating towards...

Follow The Chic Stay at Home Mom's board Coily Ringlets on Pinterest.

I don't know how realistic this will be but I would love a cut that I could wear straight and naturally curly. Does anyone have experience with this? Point me in the direction of an IG or Youtube account if so. I'm one of those people that researches everything before pulling the trigger...

My phone is full of IG screen shots to show the lady that will be cutting my hair. It took me months to find someone that had a decent IG portfolio. I'll still be looking around just to make sure I have found the absolute best person for the job.

In the meantime I'm looking forward to having box braids one more time before summer hits.

6 comments:

  1. Love the pixie cut! I think it will look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to do the pixie cut, but never had the guts. I think it would look super cute on you. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go for it! Hair will always grow back, right?!

      Delete
  3. I am sure the pixie cut with look fab on you. I can't wait to see pics! I hope you both are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are both feeling a lot better!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!