Thursday, March 12, 2015

Bible Study: Genesis 2:18

I started my Bible study devotional. The book that I am using breaks up the readings into a five day approach that allows you to look at the scripture from five different perspectives. Today my reading was a reflection on Genesis 2:18, when God creates a helper for Adam.

Today's focus was all about our ideas of what a woman and wife should be. How do we feel about the word helper as it describes a wife's place in her husband's life. I thought the excerpt below was so good and I wanted to share it. I know I'm not the only one that will get something from it.

excerpt from The Women's Devotional Guide to the Bible

Confirmation is a beautiful thing. When we know that our feelings are okay and that what we are being called to do is not out of the realm of what God has called us to do everything feels a lot better. Its like a dark cloud has moved away and the sun is starting to shine through. 

Remember last week when I shared my feeling of guilt? Well, reading this devotional this morning has confirmed for me that it is absolutely okay for me to have "things"going on. And it is also okay for me to look to my husband for help too. We are equals and I need to see him as such. He can give a bath and read a bedtime story just as well as I can. 

Does this excerpt speak to anyone else? Feel free to pin and share it with the women in your life.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you for sharing this devotional. I truly agree with this and I've learned that along the way that it is team work. My husband is just as happy to help out with giving baths, washing the dishes and laundry because I am his equal:) Cheers from Bangkok! Ping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you for stopping by today! I completely agree with you. It took some time for me to realize that it was okay to ask for help. Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. This is great. Thank you so much for sharing this. I always saw myself as my husbands partner and we are constantly making sure to support one another. This is such a beautiful excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more! Being helper doesn't mean doing it all or doing it alone. But working together for the common good of your family and marriage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!