Saturday, November 10, 2012

Stylish Saturday: Veteran's Day

Happy Veteran's Day everyone! We spent the morning in downtown San Antonio at the Veteran's Day parade. My soldier walked in the parade along with the other Sgt. Audie Murphy Club members. It was a beautiful windy morning and I was very excited about taking Sav to her first parade.

Once we got there I learned that they wanted the families to walk with him. I was cool with that but I felt bad because I wasn't dressed in red, white and blue. My plan was to stand on the side and take it all in. Apparently, I was the only wife with that plan because everyone else had on colors from old glory. Ah well. We'll get'em next year. Here are some self portraits of my outfit and a couple from the parade.


army tanks








these girls were gorgeous! 

Sav in a diva moment

clapping during the parade. i was pushing the stroller and snapping pics at the same time. Pow!

Now for my outfit...





this pic is actually for my hair. i was rocking a twist out that kept getting bigger and bigger the more the wind blew!

Sweater and Jeans - Express
Earrings - Forever 21 (very old) ... I can't believe they're still "gold"
Boots - Aldo 

- posted from my chic iPhone

6 comments:

  1. If you're married to a soldier, who cares what you have on? That's patriotic enough for me!

    Love the outfit! Sweaters like that never look good on me, but I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Yeah, I was unsure of that sweater when I bought it. It was only $11 so I didn't want to leave it in the store. It's grown on me though. I actually really love the fit of it now. Try one if you can find a good deal!

      Delete
  2. Love the twist out! Glad you all enjoyed the parade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! It's my favorite hairstyle right now!!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your hair! My daughter has a shirt like that...LOL! Make sure you wear those colors next year! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your hair and your little one! both cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!