Thursday, January 22, 2015

#OurProject52: Guilty Pleasure

I think I indulge myself with many guilty pleasures. I love fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, apple pie and sushi. I could also eat Chinese food every day without getting sick of it. Don't even get me started on my love for rap music and reality tv (The Alaskan Bush People - a must see!).

No matter what guilty pleasure I'm partaking in I also wash it down with a glass of wine. After the kids go to sleep I love to pop open a bottle and enjoy some peace and quiet.


We live on a military base and our kitchen is a decent size but we don't have a wet bar or a special place for adult beverages. I created this little space on my counter for my glasses. The WINE sign collects all of my old corks. I imagine that one day I'll have enough to make a DIY cork board.


Both photos were taken with my Nikon COOLPIX L100 and edited in iPhoto.

To join Our Project 52 visit Mimi at Lipgloss & Binky or LaShawn at Everyday Eyecandy

22 comments:

  1. I think wine is a perfectly legitimate pleasure. I don't drink myself, but that's more because I can't get past the smell of alcohol than for any religious or lifestyle reason. Do you have a preference for a certain type of wine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love anything sweet. A sweet white or a sweet red consistently fills my glass.

      Delete
  2. This is me. All. The. Time! LOL My wine cooler has issues staying full! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I had my last glass last night. Time for a re-up!

      Delete
  3. Great pictures. Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies are delicious. I just wish I could tolerate grains better so I could enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love them fresh out of the oven, so good. I try not to make them often because I end up eating so many of them.

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of a DIY cork board. How fun!

    I remember military housing, way to be creative and make your own space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much a DIYer but I think I can do it!

      Delete
  5. Hi! I really love your bar area with that cute "wine" sign. Mmm. chocolate chip cookies sound delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do love a good wine too...the wine sign is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with your "wine" sign. I have to have one. Thanks for the idea of drinking wine while watching my guilty pleasure shows. It makes those moments that much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wine and TV pair nicely together. ;-)

      Delete
  8. Right there with ya. I just tried a new to me wine that I found at Walmart the other day. It's infused with tea and so stinkin good. It's a different taste but definitely a good one. And Im loving that cork holder. I just keep mine in a big jar. I keep saying Im going to make something out of them...one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! I'm a tea drinker. Do you remember which wine it was? I'd love to try it!

      Delete
  9. I have no guilt in my pleasure of wine. LOL I wish that I collected my corks. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late to start a collection, LOL!

      Delete
  10. I have no guilt in my wine habit! LOL None at ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my guilt comes from the quantity of wine I consume, LOL!

      Delete
  11. I love me some wine. Oddly I never really keep it in stock. I have to want it to purchase it. I keep saying that I am going to keep at least 3 bottles on hand at all times because every time I want a glass there is none to be had. Can you recommend a good one?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I keep saying I'm going to start buying cases but... I love Barefoot wine. It's inexpensive and it gets the job done. I've never had a bad bottle from them.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!