Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Pole Fitness Experience

In an effort to keep getting fit fun I tried out a pole fitness class last night. I had heard great things about these dance classes so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try them out. There's only one pole studio here in San Antonio and that's how I ended up at Soft Sensuous Moves.

The reviews for the studio online were great. My expectations were really high and SSM did not disappoint.  Before class we all had to choose a name for our alter ego. I chose the name Caramel. It was the only thing I could come up with on the spot. I kinda wish I had known we'd have to pick names before hand. I'm one of those crazy girl's that actually cares about what my fake stripper name is. I think I picked a good one though.

My instructor was Victoria Contortia. I wish I had taken a pic with her. Her teaching style was so direct but fun. She made everyone in the class feel very comfortable. During the "Try Me Out Pole" class we learned a lot; more than I was expecting in an intro class. The fact that all of the women in class were doing spins by the end of class speaks to the talent of the instructor. All of the women in my class were completely different. We were all at different stages in our fitness journeys.


Soft Sensuous Moves San Antonio
After this class I have to say that I have a whole new level of respect for strippers, exotic dancers (because I'm not sure if those are two different job titles) and all other women of the pole. You have to be in some serious shape to do this for a living. Dancers definitely earn their dollars. 


Have you tried a pole fitness class? Do you plan to try anything new to change up your workouts?

*I was not compensated in any way for this post. I paid for my own class. This review is based on my own experience with Soft Sensuous Moves.


10 comments:

  1. Love this...I have never been but I need to plan one!!! Glad you tried!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was something different and I liked it!

      Delete
  2. I have heard a lot about pole fitness. It is definitely growing in popularity! Good for you for trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it for those looking to change up their workouts. It was so much fun!

      Delete
  3. I've never tried a pole dancing class, but it sounds like it would be fun. I'm not quite sure if I have enough upper body strength though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing - in the beginning you don't need much upper body strength. You build it as you go through the different levels. Some women in my class were stronger than others but none of us knew how to do the moves. That put us all on the same playing field. Try it out! You'll be surprised at how much you're able to accomplish.

      Delete
  4. I tried one last Spring and almost injured myself lol. I learned that I'm not as graceful as I thought. I'm with you, I had a new found respect for exotic dancers after that. I want to try again in the near future, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it again! I really enjoyed it. I also learned that I didn't look as graceful as I thought I would, LOL!

      Delete
  5. I took a class like that but it was no pole involved. We did chairs. It was AWESOME. I would love to try the pole dancing class.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!