Thursday, December 6, 2012

Party of Four...Coming Soon

Now that I've had a chance to let everything sink in a bit and I'm no longer spending my days in bed sick I've had a chance to think about our new little bundle. As you may recall being a Party of Three was perfectly okay with me. I enjoy our little family dynamic. I'm looking forward to seeing how it will change with this new addition. It still doesn't seem real for some reason.

After you get that positive pregnancy test if you're anything like me you literally freak out everyday until you're able to see the doctor and find out everything is looking good. After that you start thinking about other things. Is it a boy or a girl? What names do I like? Should the kids share a room? Am I going to need a double stroller? (I am not pushing a double stroller. Ever.) How's Sav going to adjust? I mean the list is pretty long. Luckily, pregnancy is one of those slow moving trains and you get tons of time to figure all these things out.

Some things I do know for sure is that morning sickness (or all day sickness in my case) can have a Coke and a smile. I am doing better, but when I mean to tell you I was beat down. I was beat. down. It was not cute. I somehow don't really remember it being that bad with Savannah. Anyways. It's finally starting to sink in that another baby is coming. How was it going from one to two? I need to start collecting as much advice as possible! 

21 comments:

  1. This sounds like me a few months ago when I found out I was pregnant. I was so sick. It was nothing like my previous two pregnancies. But it is a blessing indeed. Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just feel like it hit me way sooner than it did with my first. Or maybe I just don't remember, LOL!

      Delete
  2. I wish I had some amazing advice for you, but I only have one kid :). Can't wait to see upcoming baby bump/fashion posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ren!!! People say it's not too bad going from 1 to 2. I hope they're right!!

      Delete
  3. Awww, Congratulations Tia! I remember being preggers and having all of the same concerns you shared. My first pregnancy was super-hard (I was sick up until delivery!) but my second one was much easier. Welcome to the party of four club :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Glad your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...congrats!! I'm so happy for you! I also told myself that I would never push a double stroller. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!!! I can not do the double stroller, LOL!!!

      Delete
  6. OMG!!! You're preggo. Congratulations. It really isn't that hard going from one to two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi!! I'm hoping it's as easy as everyone says!

      Delete
  7. Congrats Tia! I'm sure the new one will just fall right into your family perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly, going from one child to two wasn't hard. Newborns spend those first couple of months pretty much napping all day. The toughest parts are the lack of sleep and making sure the oldest child doesn't feel left out. I was back to blogging, tweeting and going to the stores a few days after I got home from the hospital. It gave me something to do while the baby was sleeping or during feedings at night.

    Plus, you'll have Savannah to be your little helper during the day. Moo enjoyed going to get diapers and wipes for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm trying to figure out...How to go through this and keep Savannah's life normal. I don't want her to feel left out at all. I think she's going to make a great big sister!

      Delete
  9. I got pregnant during a hurricane and I was freaking out because they canceled my appointment because the office was close. LOL! Gimme me confirmation dangit!

    I love how everyone says going to two is not so hard. Gives me hope, myself. I think is perfect timing for you. I am so excited for my mommy blogger friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. All this advice does give me so much hope. It has relaxed my mind quite a bit. I think this is great timing too. Sav will be almost three by the time I deliver and I think that makes a big difference.

      Delete
  10. Wait - what, what, what?? I've missed so much! AWESOME NEWS!!!

    Congrats!!

    What's wrong with the double stroller, LOL? I think they're kinda cute! If I'd had another one close to my daughter, I would have TOTALLY been a double stroller mom!! Haha!

    Congrats again! Looking forward to following your journey to #2. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Girl, the double stroller looks like so much work, LOL! I just can't, LOL!

      Delete
  11. OMG congrats Tia and I know Sav is going to love being a big sis! FR is my fav truffles ever but I never seen the present box before......I love oldie but goodies Christmas music especially the temptations, The Jacksons, and This Christmas. My fav gift was my easy bake and kitchen. Well if you need some moctail recipes let me know and I see baby girl is loving her tutu. Meery Christmas to you and yours! @Pink Brown Grits

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Tia!!! So excited and can't wait to hear all the fun stories along the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!