Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I'm Back & Feeling Better

Whew! What a rough week or so it's been. I feel like I haven't blogged in forever. Did you miss me? Well, I'm back and feeling so much better. Thank you for all the comments, tweets, emails and Facebook messages. You ladies are too sweet! While I was away I got to catch up on some much needed rest and do a little blog planning. As you may have seen on our Facebook page I am planning another giveaway soon. I'm currently rounding up some items for it and you will not want to miss it! 

I was going to do a post or at least post my receipts from my Thanksgiving shopping but it appears that while I was down my soldier cleaned up and threw away my receipts. Apparently he had "filed" them away. There has been a great response to how I spent so little. Honestly, I just kept our meal small. I cut out a lot of the extras that I would normally make and I had coupons. My coupons even had coupons, haha, which is what I like to call coupon stacking. For example, I had a coupon for three dollars off my Butterball Turkey with the purchase of any four Betty Crocker, Pillsbury or Del Monte items. I also had coupons for all those items so I saved quite a bit. So, there really isn't some big secret to how I saved. I just cut down on the menu and used coupons. Super easy. Not to mention that since it was only three of us nothing went to waste. We had leftovers but we didn't have tons.


i normally don't buy canned veggies or boxed potatoes but it was part of the Turkey coupon.  fresh is always best and frozen is always better than a can.

On another note, the Royal family announced that Will and Kate are expecting their first baby. How exciting! It will be interesting to see how her pregnancy is covered. With that said, I would also like to share that the soldier and I are also expecting our second baby. I wasn't sure when to share the news or how but since we're talking about Kate's baby we may as well talk about mine too, right? I found out on November 17th by using two tests (because I didn't believe the first one) from the dollar store. I was shocked. After my visit with the doctor yesterday I feel pretty good sharing the news. The baby's heartbeat looked great and I am measuring right at seven weeks. With Savannah, because of my previous fertility issues I waited until the second trimester to announce the pregnancy. Although my medical condition hasn't changed at all I feel like my story could really help someone else. I'll share all the details and medical lingo in another post. It's quite interesting. So, anyway, let the "Chic Bump Watch" begin! I'm due in July so we have a long way to go!




3 comments:

  1. Aww...congrats on the lovely news!! So happy for you all and will be praying for a healthy and safe pregnancy for you. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!