Thursday, December 20, 2012

Chic Bump Watch: Week 10

Where do I even begin? I am not a good patient or that good at being sick. Since I've been feeling bad for the past few weeks you can imagine that has made it difficult for the people around me. Lucky you. Honestly, my morning (24/7) sickness has been getting better. Some days I don't throw up at all. Then there are the days when I can't keep anything down. That's actually progress from being sick everyday. 

I still haven't quite learned what makes this baby tick. With Savannah as long as I had fresh fruit (mainly watermelon) and fresh ingredients to make salad I was good. I couldn't eat meat with her at all. This time around it appears that anything fried grosses me out. So far the only thing that I've been able to keep down is baked potatoes. Baked potatoes and those little thirty nine cent burritos that you microwave. Don't judge me. Those things are pretty good after you sprinkle cheese on them and smother them in sour cream. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

I haven't had a problem with breakfast lately. It seems that my normal egg, bacon and pepper jack cheese sandwich on toast is still good to go. I've been trying to narrow down all the things that could be triggering my sickness. Am I not eating enough? Am I going too long between meals? I have friends who talk about how they never got sick while they were pregnant and all they did was eat eat eat. I wonder what that's like? To be able to freely eat without the food aversions...must be nice. Hopefully, things will work themselves out as I get closer to my second trimester. With Savannah I was sick until exactly week sixteen. One can only hope I am in a similar situation. 

I don't have a bump pic for you yet because there's no bump to show really. My stomach just looks like I had a big lunch. I've been told that B6 and half a Unisom could help with the sickness but I am just not a fan of sleeping pills. Has anyone tried that? My doctor suggested it but I'm not really feeling it. I'll just have to tough it up and wait it out like most women do. Did any of you have really bad sickness? How many of you made through pregnancy without ever being sick? Lucky heffas. 

12 comments:

  1. I feel so bad for you, I'm so sorry you are sick. hopefully the morning sickness ends soon. When I was pregnant I never got sick, but would feel sick sometimes. I'm scared the next time I get pregnant it won't be the same.

    Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With my first two I was fine. With this baby I was very sick my first trimester. Keeping food down wasnt my problem. I had horrible gas pains I was extremely fatigued to the point of not being able to get out of the bed for days at a time. It was rough. I hope you feel better. You're at 10 weeks and I have 10 more weeks to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what the 24/7 sickness is like. I didn't really throw up but I felt like I was going to all the time which is no fun. A funny thing that worked for me was plain Lay's potato chips. Not a bunch but, just a few in between meals when I began to feel sick again. That and lemon wedges in my water helped. Oh and chewing peppermint gum. I also found that eating only the food the baby likes will help. With my son it was chocolate milkshakes and these crazy habanero cheeseburgers from Dairy Queen. Two things I wouldn't really normally crave, but I couldn't get enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The B6 w Unisom is supposed to be MAGICAL for the nausea. You should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started my pregnancy violently sick. The hormones made my gallbladder go NUTS! I couldn't keep anything down (or IN, if you know what I mean). I ate watermelon and drank water for two weeks. It was so bad that I needed surgery at about six weeks pregnant. They got that gallbladder out or I would have been 80 pounds by the end of the pregnancy. So while I didn't suffer through morning sickness at all, I did NOT have a fun start to my pregnancy.

    I hope you feel better soon. I can't imagine the thought of being nauseous all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the feedback and encouraging words everyone. I am going to keep toughing it out to see how much longer it last. Keeping my fingers crossed that it ends soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you're sick! Have you tried lemon, either the real thing or lemon candies? The smell/taste counteracts nausea. Hope you feel better soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been eating lemon candy. It was the only thing that worked for me with my first pregnancy too.

      Delete
  8. first, congrats! I am clearly under the bloggy world rock LOL! I was sick with both. The first went away after 12 weeks, my second unfortunately was morning sickness throughout the 10 months, so you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stopped feeling sick around 17 weeks I believe. I hope it gets better. I remember feeling like that. Never really had cravings as much as aversions either.

    I couple things thats helped me were sleep (lol) and a cold washcloth on the back of my neck- a random person helped me with that one. I hear ginger helps- not the ale. Tea or juice it with something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping it starts to get better. With Savannah I was sick the first 16 weeks. I would be happy with that at this point!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!