Friday, December 7, 2012

Hol-la-la-la Holiday Tag


Brandyne over at uniquely Brandid was sweet enough to tag me in a fun Holiday link up. The questions are really fun and I thought it would be great to join the party. Make sure you take some time to head over to her blog and read her answers too, they're great!!!

1. What is your favorite Christmas song?

My favorite Christmas song is "What do the Lonely do at Christmas" by The Emotions. I have loved this song since I was a little girl. My Dad has a Christmas CD full of all the classic old school Christmas tunes and this was always one of my favorites. It's not the happiest song, but it's great!! 



2. What is your favorite Christmas treat?

I know y'all are going to get sick of me pushing this "Chewy" cake on you, but I absolutely love it. My Grandma would make it for us as kids and I am still a huge fan. The people who have taken me up on my offer to try have not been disappointed. Bake one. It's my Christmas gift to you.

3. What is your favorite childhood memory?

I would say that my favorite memories of Christmas as a child was waking up and being excited along with my brothers. I just remember spending days playing with them. They would teach me how to play video games and sometimes they would play with some of my girl toys. It was always so much fun hanging out with them. I miss that as an adult.

4. What is the best Christmas gift you've ever given?

I think the year I got my husband the original Nintendo and tons of games to go with it was a good one.

5. Do you make or buy keepsake ornaments for your family each year?

No. We haven't started this yet. We got Savannah some keepsake ornaments for her first Christmas but we haven't done it since.

6. Would you rather be one of Santa's elves or a Reindeer?

Hmmm. This is a tough one because I am a huge fan of Santa's elves on the Rudolph story. "I don't wanna make toys. I want to be a dentist." Ha ha ha, it cracks me up!!! So I think I would want to be a Reindeer because those elves just never seemed really happy with their jobs. Plus, I think it would be fun to travel around the world. I think I would make a great Clarice. You know. Rudolph's boo.

7. Gift wrap or gift bags?

I'm not great at wrapping gifts so I do a mix of both boxes and bags. 

8. Do you own a Santa hat?

Nope and don't ever plan too. LOL!

9. Do you prefer Black Friday or the Day after Christmas sales?

Neither. I can not do the crazy shopping thing. I just can't.

10. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Hot Chocolate. Egg Nog if it's spiked.

This post is powered by #BLMGirls. You can also check out other posts from our #BLMBlogHop by visiting this link http://curlsandmo.com/ and learn more about #BLMGirls here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/BloggersLikeMe/

10 comments:

  1. Never heard that song before today. Will have to put in my rotation. I wasn't always an awesome gift wrapper, but I've gotten better. There's just something about the sound and the act of ripping wrapping paper that gift bags just can't give me. Now if only I could get the Mr's wrapping skills up to par.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. There is something about gift wrap paper that makes it feel like Christmas morning!

      Delete
  2. Happy I stumbled here. Nice blog! I am following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for stopping by and following!!!

      Delete
  3. HAHA! Egg nog if it's spiked. You're funny. I enjoyed reading your post about your Christmas memories. We have quite a few responses in common! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm LOLing at the spiked egg nog! I'm not a fan of it, regular OR spiked! OF course...my kids love it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the spiked egg nog. My mom buys a brand that is so strong it'll make hair grown on your chest. Lol. I may need to stay away from that this year. I need to be tagged, or I'll just tag myself. #blmhop
    Andrea @ be-quoted.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!