Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pregnancy Update & Chic Bump Watch: 31 Weeks

maternity style pregnancy fashion mom style baby bump
weight gain so far ~ 14 pounds

Savannah and I just got home from another visit at the hospital. I went in for my Non-Stress Test and a growth scan. I also had to give blood and pick up the jug for another twenty four hour urine test. The twenty four hour urine test tests for pre eclampsia. We were at the hospital for a total of three hours so we were both very excited and happy when we left.

My blood pressure has spiked up a little again. It had been normal until this week. During my NST the monitor has been picking up very light contractions. I can't feel them and apparently they are normal. I never had them with Sav so it's a little weird knowing you're having contractions and not being able to feel them. During my growth scan baby boy and all my fluids looked great and there are no concerns from my Doctor. Can I just say that technology is so amazing? Ultrasounds machines and all the different machines and computers that are out there to help with pre-natal care is crazy. 

Before leaving the hospital I was finally given a tour of labor and delivery. I had to ask several times before I was given one and I'm glad I was persistent. I learned so much. I mainly wanted a tour so that I could better plan for Savannah's time at the hospital. I wanted to see how much space we'd be working with and what all the amenities were for families. To my surprise there were lots of things to help with having a little one at the hospital. The rooms are extremely spacious for one and they all come with cable TV and DVD players. The DVD will come in very handy while Savannah is visiting. The Mother and Baby wing also offers a kitchenette area that comes fully stocked with all kinds of child friendly goodies. They had everything you could think of that a young big brother or sister would want or need. There was milk, juice, applesauce, pudding cups, ice cream bars, popsicles...you name it! It's all free too. That's going to help out so much. Of course I will have packed her own snacks but there's nothing better than a free plan B.

I'll continue to go in for my NSTs two times a week in addition to my regular Doctor's appointments. We are getting close! We set up our baby boy's crib a couple weeks ago. My husband pulled all the baby gear out of storage and it's clean and ready to go. All I need to do now is wash all of his clothes and install his car seat. 


13 comments:

  1. You look fab! 14lbs! Girl, I gained that the first 12 weeks or more! Sounds like you are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good and you're so organized! We were late getting everything ready to go.

    Can't wait to see your new little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried to get organized before I started getting too lazy and big to want to do anything, LOL!

      Delete
  3. Whoa Ma'ma, you are rocking that dress!

    I remember that 24 hour urine test. Seriously not fun. Hope that all is well with you and the little one(s).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've done that test at least three times, ugh, LOL!!! Ha, Thanks, I think I was borderline busting out of that dress. It was the first time I wore it.

      Delete
  4. Tia you look so adorable bump and all and you are almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. you're almost ready. Nice. Looks like you are gonna be on team #snapback lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to working out again!!! I'm going to need your smoothie recipes!

      Delete
  6. You're adorable! Your weight gain is outstanding! I'm with the previous poster....I gained 14 pounds in the first trimester alone. I'd love to know how you're doing it as there is talk of trying for baby #2 in our home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, congrats on talking about your next little one!! :-) Honestly, I don't do anything "special". I eat as healthy as possible. I try not to give in to every craving. I eat a lot of salads and I try to walk as much as possible. I think that the spinach in the salad has really help keep my metabolism working while pregnant. I am hoping to be right at about 20Ilbs for total weight gain by the time the baby comes. If I'm more than that, that's fine too. All we want is a healthy baby and a healthy Mommy at delivery time. Good Luck to you and your growing family! :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!