Saturday, May 25, 2013

Baby Prep: Styling my Natural Hair

So I admit that I am not the most vocal "team natural"Naturalista. I hardly ever blog about my hair. If you follow me on Instagram then you know I normally wear my hair in a wash and go, afro or twist out. These are all styles I love but because they require some for of maintenance I'm looking for a new do for when baby arrives.

Since I'll be spending a couple days in the hospital I want to make sure that I protect my hair during my stay. And as you know I'll be having a C-Section so it will be nice to not have to think about my hair while I'm recovering. After doing lots of pinning and YouTubing I think I have narrowed my choices down to two options. A high bun using marley hair or marley twists. I'm torn between the two. I've read that marley twists only lasts a couple weeks. In my mind that really doesn't help me much. Has anyone else heard this? Does it depend on what technique is used to install them? I plan to DIY the marley twists and would love to hear about someone else experience.

Here a couple of the YouTube videos I found on marley twists that I found helpful...





This looks easy enough. I never learned how to braid (down to your scalp) or flat twist so this DIY is right up my alley. My plan is to attempt these twists and if for some reason I'm unable to achieve the style then I'l do a bun. I'm looking forward to trying something new with my hair. Have any of you tried these styles? Got any tips for me?

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way, I never blog about my hair. I love it, but I'm not creative enough to warrent a natralista section on my blog. I do love those Marley twists though. Might have to give them a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem easy enough to do! If for some reason I can't do them I'll be wearing a high bun.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!