Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Lent 2015

This year, for the first time, I plan to give up something for Lent. As I was thinking about the Lent season and the upcoming Easter season (it's already Easter at the Dollar Tree btw) I thought about where we were this time last year.

This time last year we had a church that we attended regularly and  I felt more on track with my journey as a Christian. Somewhere between Little Mike's nap time crying spells and Big Mike's new work schedule we fell off track. I started watching church online or on tv. Neither one of those church going options is really for me.

Lent 2015

I like being in an actual church. Now that Little Mike has been weaned from nursing and has almost all of his teeth I'm looking forward to making it through a service without getting tapped by an usher. All of that is what brings me to where I am now. I want to "give up" something and really focus on setting time aside to read, listen and connect with God.

For this Lent season I'll be giving up wine and soda. That's going to be rough. I am a recovering soda addict and I love wine so it will probably be a tough forty days. Also, in the spirit of getting aligned I am going to "take up" home organization. I really need to find an organization system for toys and all the clutter that collects at the front door. Our desk could use a little love too. 

By Easter I expect to be less bloated and more organized. Are you giving up or taking up anything for Lent this year?

6 comments:

  1. I'm giving up soda because I really want to get better at drinking more water and taking up becoming more consistent with my Bible study and prayer journal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! So far I'm already seeing the benefits of a soda-less lifestyle. My skin looks so much better. Hopefully I can give it up for good. My bible study tools arrived in the mail yesterday and I'm looking forward to putting them to use.

      Delete
  2. I have already failed...I was giving up sweets...and I have already failed! Im pretty upset with myself about it!!! But I guess tomorrow is a new day and I can keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still hanging in there but it has been tough. Every time I pass the wine aisle or a Dr. Pepper I have to say a little prayer.

      Delete
  3. So I have no idea what lent is. I have heard of it. But all I know is that you give up something. I have no idea when it starts.

    I will start on Thursday. I will be giving up sweets and I don't drink much soda but that as well. I need to focus on my health, fitness and God.


    I'm going to look it up now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, look it up. Getting healthy is a great way to observe your first Lent.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!