Wednesday, February 25, 2015

31 Before 32: Join a Pilates Class

I can barely write this post because my arms are so sore. Last night I had my first experience at a barre class. Have you heard about this? It's a mix of Pilates and barre work. Apparently, I'm late to this party because all of my friends knew about it. Why didn't anyone tell me?!

Pure Baree San Antonio

First of all, the studio was super cute. It was clean and bright. The traffic around the location was a bit crazy but I did go to class during rush hour so there's not much that can be done about. I'd happily leave my house a few minutes early if it means I can feel this good.

Secondly, class started on time. I love it when things are on time. The instructor was very motivating without being over the top. She kept class going at a steady speed. I could hear her praising people and giving words of encouragement all throughout class. She even praised me a couple times! I liked how the instructor walked around and corrected your form if something was off. During the cool down she helped me with one of my stretches and I think that's what sealed the deal for me.

So, I'm not going to sugar coat it. This workout worked me all the way out. I would have to say that every part of it was challenging. I workout three times a week at the gym and this was by far better than anything I've done in a while. The barre work that we did for our thighs was tough. There were times when my legs were actually shaking and I could feel my muscles contracting. My abs feel stronger than they did before class and I can definitely feel my workout in my "seat".

If you are someone who likes a crazy good challenging workout Pure Barre is for you. I personally like workouts like this. I like the way my body feels when it has muscle shock. That lets me know something is working and I can step my game up. The fact that I actually made it through class without passing out is amazing. I'm stronger than I thought.

I'll be returning for more classes. Even though I've only been to one class I think I'm hooked. I kind of want to go back Thursday but Savannah has soccer so I'll go back for another class next week. I'll be sitting down this week and picking a class pack to purchase.

If you're in San Antonio I highly recommend Pure Barre San Antonio for an efficient all over body workout. All it takes is fifty-five minutes and you'll feel a difference in your body. I'm so glad I gave this a shot. Now I can check "join a Pilates class" off m'list!


Have you heard about or tried a class like this? What's your favorite workout right now?

*This review is not sponsored. I paid for my own class. I'm sharing because it was awesome! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Cool! I like that you are keeping track of your list! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My plan is to blog my way through the list!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!