Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Preschool Has Changed My Life...

We have successfully started the second week of school. This morning when I dropped Savannah off she didn't even say goodbye. While I was putting my daily info on the sign-in sheet she escaped to her class. By the time I was done signing my name she had joined a group of friends playing legos.

I was so proud. She goes to school like a boss.

Once she's dropped off at school the baby and I either go for a run or we start tackling my to-do list.

I can not even put into words how amazing it has been to get things done during the morning. Everyday I have four sweet hours to clean, cook and spend time with Little Mike. There have even been days where he takes a nap while she's in school. Pure bliss.

We have moved our school time to the evenings after dinner. Since we eat dinner pretty early this works out well for us and they are still in bed at seven thirty.

Because I am getting time on the front end of my day to tackle things I feel less stressed and overwhelmed during the day. I can spend time with them knowing that I've done "enough" for the day. There will be another four hours tomorrow to get more things done.

On Mondays and Tuesdays I do my heavy cleaning and I use the rest of the week for laundry. So far this has been working out well for me.

I feel like a new woman. Which I know sounds crazy. Who gets excited about more time to clean and cook? Apparently, me.

My afternoons are actually enjoyable now. For example, this afternoon I'll be taking Savannah's four year old pics. It feels good to be able to blog or doing something nice for myself without feeling like I have a list of other things I'm neglecting.

preschooler soccer bob flex stroller
one afternoon we played a little soccer. something that I would have never felt like we had time for  before.

I didn't know how I'd feel about her starting preschool but now I know it was the right decision for us. I'm a much better person to be around and I think I'm even sleeping better too.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely. Whenever I have some moments at home alone I'm always trying to get as much done as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I'm exhausted by the time she gets out of school.

      Delete
  2. Isn't school awesome? LOL...not only to they learn but Momma gets a bit of extra time. This year both my Girlies are in school which means it's just me and my 3yr old Buddie - I am loving it! I am definitely getting a lot more done and like you said the evenings have more time to do things without the guilt attached. Great post and I LOVE Savannah's soccer outfit :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Active wear for kids is cute! I'm loving my afternoons now.

      Delete
  3. Glad preschool is working out for everyone! Hope she continues to have a great school year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!