Monday, September 8, 2014

Weekend Recap: Soccer and a 5K

This weekend was pretty busy. And full. I'm currently participating in a run challenge with my girls in Operation Snapback™. Our challenge is to run thirty miles in thirty days. There was a free 5k being offered on base in support of Suicide Awareness. I thought I'd go for it. 

I was lucky enough to be given my hometown area code as my running number. My naive mind took that as a good sign. That 5k kicked my butt.


I'm a treadmill runner. I want to become a street runner. Saturday's run let me know that I have a ways to go before that becomes a reality for me.

A couple hours after the race we had to trek over to Savannah's first soccer game of the season. It was also team picture day for her team. When I tell you it was hot out there...


Despite the heat we had a great time. Watching a bunch of three to five year olds play soccer has got to be one of the most entertaining things I've done since becoming a Mom. Sav scored one goal and had two assist during the game. Not too bad for her first game. I was so proud of her. I literally jumped out of my seat when she scored.

Sunday after church we headed to the mall to grab some sneakers for Savannah's first day of school. They aren't allowed to wear open toe shoes to school and I didn't realize that all she had in her size at the moment was sandals until the night before school. Mommy fail. 

Anyway, her first day of school was a success. I'll be talking more about that later this week. I hope you all had a great weekend!  Any big plans for the week?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy, but fun weekend! I am so the loud "step" mom at my little guy's sports events! Haha! So happy you are doing well and back to blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I didn't realize how extreme my celebration was until it was too late, LOL!!

      Delete
    2. You are so welcome!!! Girl, I've (and my family too) just learned to accept the fact that I just can't control my excitement! It is what it is! LoL.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!