Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Chic Mom Style: Fall Fashion

Living in Texas doesn't allow me to really dive as deep into Fall fashion as I would like. The mornings and evenings are pleasantly cool but the afternoons are like an east coast summer day.

During the Fall I tend to wear my Fall stuff and I layer up when it's cool enough. I also like wearing black. A lot of it. I could probably wear black everyday and never get tired of it.

My Fall fashion vibe is still all black everything. This is the Mom I want to be everyday…

Nothing extremely fussy. Very chill.


casual wardrobe

Mommy's Morning Out Part One by thechicsahm featuring black plastic sunglasses


When I am in the mood to wear color I normally go for a print. I love big bold prints. Printed dresses are my go-to when I feel like stepping it up a bit. 

Fall shirtdress outfit

Fall outfit inspiration

Free Falling by moomoofan1972 featuring MICHAEL Michael Kors

I have determined that my style is a mix of two different women. Part of me is the woman that wears lots of denim with neutral colored blouses and graphic tees. Very safe. The other part of me is a woman who is drawn to prints, color and lots of dresses. I love a good sheath or shirtdress.

Moto jackets, blazers, cardigans, denim - touches of leopard. Those are my Fall staples. What are your's?

9 comments:

  1. Love the Mommy's Morning Out collection!!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I try to look cute but casual and pulled together without being overly dressy during the week. When this doesn't happen I'm def in gym clothes, LOL!

      Delete
  2. Love your style, Mama! I too am not set in one particular style, I can go from street style, to boho, to preppy, it all depends on my mood. I'm going to miss layering up this fall here in SC :(
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! There will be some cooler days in SC, trust me. Fall is beautiful there.

      Delete
  3. Isn't that jacket amazing?! I've been on the hunt for one that fits my style and budget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right, living here in Texas we don't get to take advantage of all the Fall fashions, I know as soon as I feel a little cool air I'm trying to put on my boots because its few and far in between that I get to wear them. But, I have been enjoying the weather we are having here lately in the DFW area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right. I normally start wearing my boots in October just because, LOL! At least Dallas gets a little chill. San Antonio has no chill at all. It normally cools off by Christmas but it's warm again by March. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Yes! Loving your Mommy's Morning Out pieces! I wish the weather here in NC would make up its mind so I can get knee deep into my boots. Everyone around here is still walking around in flip-flops, girl. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! I keep seeing flip flops and sandals here in Texas too. It's still hot here though. I just have a problem with toes being out in October, LOL! I've been trying to at least wear close toe shoes now. ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!