Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Personal Story...

Hi everyone.

Things were a little slow around here over the summer. I wasn't sure if I was going to blog about it but it only seems right to share a little about what I've been up to all summer.

This summer was a crazy one. Quite possibly the longest weeks of my life were from July 6 to September 2. That's not an over exaggeration or a comparison to garner sympathy. It was really the toughest summer I think I've ever had.

On July 6th I found out I was pregnant. Initially, I was extremely shocked because I had a tubal after Little Mike. If you remember, I was born with a mullerian anomaly (septate uterus or bicornuate uterus - verdict is still out on which one I have - results coming soon). I only have one tube (which was "tied") and one ovary so you can imagine that I was very surprised when I learned of this pregnancy.

I was able to get in and see my doctor that week. She did confirm that my pregnancy was in my uterus but there were no signs of viability. We agreed that I'd come back every week until we heard a heartbeat.

I was cool with that. It was still early.

Week after week I'd have ultrasounds done and we never heard or saw anything more than yolk sacs. It was sad and exhausting.

At the beginning of August my doctor started preparing me for the possibilities and educating me on what my options were. I decided to keep waiting. I figured if something was going to happen to turn this pregnancy around I didn't want any type of medical intervention to mess that up.

If it was meant to be it would be and if it wasn't in God's will then I had faith that He would allow my body to naturally go through the process.

It wasn't in His will. As hard as it was for me to accept - it just wasn't. I kept reminding myself that everything works out for our good. Even though I can't see the good right now it doesn't mean that it's not there or that it's not coming. God's plan isn't for me to figure out or analyze. All I can do as a person is walk by faith and know that this too shall pass.

I'll be going to have some more tests done to see what exactly is going on inside my body within the next couple of weeks.

This summer taught me a lot about myself. Everything isn't always in my control and I can't always fix everything. That's not what faith is about. I wish things had been different and I wish I had another amazing summer break story to share but this is what's going on in my life right now.

Hopefully this post helps or encourages someone. Thank you to all of my friends and family that supported us this summer. It means more than you'll ever know.

I am at peace with how this summer went. I'm not sad or upset or angry. These past couple of months didn't change my outlook on life or how God works. He's still Almighty and I trust Him...

16 comments:

  1. Sending Hugs!!! This is what I went through last December so I know all the emotions that this must have taken you through... I'm so sorry!!! I know how hard this was to share but if you need to talk I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sorry for your loss last year. I have been enjoying all of your twin updates! Not too much longer and they'll be here!

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about your loss. I had a miscarriage between my son and my daughter. With my first visit they couldn't detect a heartbeat, but then picked one up on my second visit. However, on my third visit there was not heartbeat. It was hard knowing that we had lost our baby and it still makes me sad at times. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your story with me. So sorry to hear of your loss as well.

      Delete
  3. Tia, you are so strong for sharing! It's ok to be sad and confused!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This was definitely one of those "cast your cares" things. As soon as I did that and truly meant it all of my sadness and worrying faded. I'm still confused about it but even that seems to get better daily.

      Delete
  4. Sorry for your loss, but like you said God always has a plan for our lives and it is our job to trust Him. I'll definitely keep in you in prayer that you will find out more from your test results and that hopefully nothing negative will turn up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I appreciate your prayers.

      Delete
  5. I know I am super late Tia, but I am so sorry for your loss. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't realize you wrote about this. <3 You really amaze me how poised you carry yourself in tough situations. Even in our personal conversations... I do appreciate you sharing. Sorry your summer wasn't so smooth. Best of healthy and prosperity in 2015

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I appreciate your friendship.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!