Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Chic Mom Spotlight: Tiffany of Pink Pearl Couture

I am so excited to be sharing the today's blog post with Tiffany, the owner of Pink Pearl Couture online boutique and an up and coming life coach. Supporting other women and their success is very important. Tiffany is a married Mom of three who works full time during the day and builds her empire at night. My kind of girl! Please check out her boutique (her stuff is SUPER cute and affordable) and blog. I'll be featuring one of her items in a style post soon! 


How did you get the idea for Pink Pearl Couture?

When I was in college, I use to sell shoes from my car and apartment.  I was just trying to make ends meet, on the broke college budget we all know about.  I grew to love the entrepreneurship and independence I had of making my own rules, doing it on my own time, and being in charge.  I also love fashion, and “What not to Wear” is my all-time favorite show!!!! After graduation, I also graduated my business, selling both shoes and handbags, but I was still pretty much selling them from my car and apartment. Technology has changed tremendously since 2006, and the ease of making your own website, social media, and with the things I learned, I decided to start my own online boutique (and I still occasionally sell items from my car and home, lol).   I have now graduated to vendor opportunities and my own personal Pink Pearl Couture pop up shops as well as my own personal website. 

What are some of your favorite fashion trends for spring?

I love the bright colors.  Neons, Brights, Corals…LOVE THEM!!!  It seems funny for me to say this, coming from a girl who use to have an all-black section in my closet (lol)…I also love the peplum style tops.  These tops are great for moms because they hide the extra belly fat we’ve acquired from carrying children for nine months.  I have three, so my pouch is growing more and more each birth.  I also am totally in love with the flowy sheer tops.  I am a little self-conscious about my belly and these help me be stylish without having to make sure I am sucking in every 5 seconds. 

You recently started blogging about your new venture as a life coach. Tell me a little bit about that.

I currently work in social services as a social worker, which lead me to get a Master’s degree in counseling.  In May I will be graduating with a M.A degree in Marriage and Family Counseling.  Counseling happens to be the other side of me (outside of fashion) that I really connect with.  I love helping people.  I am the friend that everyone calls for advice, and for ideas, as far back as I can remember, so counseling is who I am.  There is no better way for me to express myself than to do something I truly love. 

How do you manage to balance being a wife, Mom and career woman?

At this time I am taking it one day at a time.  As a wife, I make sure I spend quality time with my husband.  As a marriage and family counselor, I know that if I make sure we are intimate (not sexually, but close, best friends), make sure we keep our romance going (this is sexual…lol), and make sure we compromise, and for those spiritual people, remember to keep God first, things will work out.  As a mom, I make sure I put my children as a top priority. I typically try to only work on “business” things if my children are asleep or in school.  My top priorities are my children, and making sure they are taken care of.  The business me is an asset I am using to make sure this priority is accomplished.  In order to keep yourself sane, you must set priorities and I decided to not allow outside distractions and other people’s expectations pull you away from what is important to you and your family. 

What advice would you give to a new Mom?

New Moms!!  I would first let you know that the first year or two are definitely the most difficult.  I have a six year old, a four year old, and an eighteen month old.  I would say try focusing on the good things about your child, when they laugh or give you that gummy smile after keeping you up all night.  And remember to breathe and take one day at a time.  Parenting is not a race or competition… so do your best, and ask God to fill in the blanks in all your shortcomings. 

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So glad we were able to work together!! Congrats on all your success!!

      Delete
    2. Me too, looking forward to working with you more in the future!!!

      Delete
  2. I love this post! Congratulations Tiffany and good luck on your wonderful future! Great advice! I'm soaking it all in lol : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading this post! Loved the advice and learning more about Tiffany (the mom, the wife, and businesswoman). I'll definitely be getting more familiar with Pink Pearl Couture :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great to hear another woman's story?! :-)

      Delete
  4. Great Post! Great information and advice! I'll be keeping an eye out for Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!